On the song tell me baby by rhcp and any other funk songs by john frusciante i was wondering how he gets the funk sound or if it is just the way you play it
Quote by guitarfreak042
On the song tell me baby by rhcp and any other funk songs by john frusciante i was wondering how he gets the funk sound or if it is just the way you play it

Its mainly the way you play but use a strat or a tele and use the bridge pickup
'tis the way you play it yeah, but also he went mad with production on this album, so getting his exact tones will be pretty much impossible.

One of the most important things to remeber about John is he rarely plays individual notes. Usually he strums the whole guitar, but mutes all of them apart from the ones he's playing, which is a lot of what gives him his sound.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
use a tele for the funkier stuff too, cuz it has more TWANGG
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

A good clean valve amp, and a Strat's bridge pickup.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Strat_Monkey

One of the most important things to remeber about John is he rarely plays individual notes. Usually he strums the whole guitar, but mutes all of them apart from the ones he's playing, which is a lot of what gives him his sound.

Yup, that's right. I was playing Dani California strumming the notes needed, then decided to mute the strings I didn't use and strum all of them, and It gets his style of sound.