Could someone explain to me the advantages of a 7 string over a 6 string? and also the disadvantages of the 7 string to the 6?
you can always just not use the 7th one, or even take it off. but it might mess up your neck and make it feel uncomfortable.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
cuz i kinda wanna get a 7 string, but it only comes in black. the 6 string comes in red (which is what i want). the 7 string is a used [but at full playable quality], but its 55 dollars less than the 6 which only has new. should i just forget about looks and go with the 7?
A 7 string is pretty much a trade off between extended range and a wider neck. I'd get the 7 string, but that's just me.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
im pretty sure its harder to find 7string guitar strings too, well it is around where i live anyway
What guitar are you looking at and whats your price range. I play a 7 string about 99% of the time. At first when i got it i thought, why the hell did i buy this, my hands are small and i can't play this thing. Well about 4 hours later i was busting out crazy ass low riffs and playing my dream theater favorites.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Personally, for looks, I'd get the C-1. But in the long run, you'll probably wish you had gotten that 7 string, because that's what you really want.