Hello,

well, the title says it all,
Im havin a difficult singing and playing,
need help with it,
someone has any tips for me?

Best Regards,
Ben.
Learn the words and the guitar parts so you dont even have to think about them.

Singing and playing is quite hard. Its like learning to use a pick after finger picking, or standing up and sitting down.

It takes practice to get used to, and to get good at, but after a while you'll get the hang of it.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Learn the words and the guitar parts so you dont even have to think about them.

Singing and playing is quite hard. Its like learning to use a pick after finger picking, or standing up and sitting down.

It takes practice to get used to, and to get good at, but after a while you'll get the hang of it.

exactly although to clarify it i'd say learn the guitar part first pretty much master the rythym then sing-a-long.
one of the hardest parts for me is picking while singing
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Try clapping yourself on the chest with one hand, and slide the other one up and down. It's basically the same thing.
I have the same problem, so what song did you guys first sing and play?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Its like learning to tap ur foot while playing. You need the skill of Multi-tasking. It takes practice.
Don't Sacrifice a Tree for the whole forest

Quote by jsxxx
just stroke up and down and experiment...find what feels right.
the singer in my band told me to do this:

practice playing the guitar part while holding one note [singing]...it may sound stupid, but god, it helps...

just do that for about half an hour then get a little more complex
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
For songs, I'd suggest things that have really simple guitar parts (sounds obvious, but there you are). Try songs by Johnny Cash, or John Lennon.
Working Class Hero is a good one because the strumming pattern is pretty much on one chord, with a few variations.
A Boy Named Sue is good also because iCash doesn't sing it: it's spoken. This might help you get the technique down without worrying about hitting the right pitch while singing.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
I hate to say this, because I know people will roll their eyes, but I started with Green Day songs, because his voice (usually) has a similiar pitch to the guitar part. Try thinking to yourself the lyrics (or write them down/print them off), and say, "Okay, at this word I switch to this chord..." That helped me. I'm not a great singer, but it is fun.

What beats me is how people such as Jimi Hendrix (cliche, I know) can sing a play at the same time.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
i no this sounds retarted but is White Stripes-Hotel Yorba a good song to start with, ive only been playing about 8 months and this is just 3 chords but my strum pattern always breaks down.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by scrambler_66

What beats me is how people such as Jimi Hendrix (cliche, I know) can sing a play at the same time.

He can't. He's dead. In fact, in a guitar or singing contest, right now, in his current condition, I rule at least twice as hard as hendrix.
It's not as hard as you think it is. Try it with the recording of the song if it isnt your original. That helps alot.
The easiest way, is learning the song on guitar first, so that you don't have to look at either hands while playing. then you can just sing the words over it, because your hands will know the rythm by heart.
High as tits
I also found singing hard when I first tried but it obviously gets easier with practice. I would say that it is easiest to learn to do this if you try to sing while playing from close to when you start playing the guitar because you'revery fresh.

I found that singing to any Beatles song helps immensley. Sometimes, just strumming each chord a single time will help wonders when trying to sing at the right note (which is much harder in my opinion). Just work at it for a long time and you'll get the hang of it.
Just a tip for when you start. I would practice singing, pretending to sing into a mic. Don't look down at your guitar unless you arn't singing. When you start to sing the next verse or chorus, look straight ahead, and maybe lean forward a bit. You'll need to face your audience even if you arn't mic'd. I see alot of beginners sing to their fretting or picking hand, but hey, I am no expert at singing and playing yet either.
what i do is when im first learning a song i get someone to sing it to me while i concentrate on playing it correctly..then once i have it down a few times and i know where everything fits ..i do it on my own
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
i never cared about "simultaritey" for me its always been one or the other. since i have nobody to impress beside myself, i take it to the car...or vice versa...y'kone, inside...outside...who cares!? good question though