Don't know if any of you have seen this or thought of doing this to an amp, but I came across this site and was wondering what you guys would think the 5150 would sound like if I added Rectifier tubes to it. I know what the site says but I wanted to know from first hand people what a tube rectifier section, instead of non-tube, would sound like in my 5150 II.

Here's the link: http://www.torresengineering.com/dualrecpeav5.html
Caparison Dellinger-CA
MIJ Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Custom Kelly
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

Cry Baby 535Q
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Digitech delay
Ibanez TS-9
BBE Sonic Stomp
NS-2 Noise Gate

Peavey 5150II
Marshall 1960AV cab
i wouldn't try it at first on a 5150. if you mess something up, you're toast. if you're experienced though, go right ahead.

oh wait, you have a caparison guitar- you must have plenty of money.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Ya know, I was wondering, just what kind of difference does a Tube rectifier make anyway? They don't cross the signal path at all. They just convert AC power to DC power so the amp can function right? Whattup wit dat? :stickpoke
you sure you will have enough room i have a 5150 and i dont know if you will have the room to add rectifier tubes arent they big
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Tube rectifiers, compared to SS rectifiers, are a little darker, more vintage, and a little more "british" sounding. Brit amps are known for using tube rectifiers to give them that mellow, darker sound.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)