I own a PRS custom22 with the dragonII's, I also own a schecter with an EMG 85/81 set in it. I just purchased a dual rectifier and I F***ing love it, however I only love it with my emg's, the dragon II's seem to muddy up the sound way too much. I really enjoy playing the PRS, I just can't get the sound I want out of those PU's. I play mostly nu-metal stuff: Disturbed, Mudvayne, Breaking Benjamin, Nickleback, Chevelle, to name a few. My question is that I want to know what would be a good replacement pickup for the PRS, comprable to the emg's. Here's the catch, I want them to be covered/Nickle, and I don't really want to lose the capability of my 5 way switch selector, so I want a set that I can split the coils on. Does such a pickup set exsist???? Please any advise would be greatly appriciated.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
Aren't like... pretty much all humbucking pickups capable of splitting? I thought that's what the connectors that just get spun back around and taped back onto the main wire were for?

Anyways, dude, if you really like the EMG sound, just get EMG's for it. In all honesty, the sound great in just about anything. The purist-type would probably want to kill you if s/he saw EMG's in your PRS, but who gives a ****..
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
hey yeah, um u might be able to find a set of seymour duncans like that i know nothing compares to my emgs either but on my explorer i have a set of duncans but it doesnt have a five way selector though
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Get the HFS treble (Hot, Fat, Screamers) and Vintage bass pickups by PRS for the Custom 22. They come in the Custom 24 and sound much better in my opinion. I have heard they are also better for metal. I really like them. These dont have covers, but the covers to mess with the tone. Pickups without covers sound better in my opinion.
I don't want to put the emg's in the PRS because I don't like the cleans all that much. I guess I forgot to mention that in my initial thread. I love the cleans out of the dragonII's, not the distortion. I need a pickup that can do it all. Bareknuckle maybee?? But which ones????? Plus it's important to me that the are covered/nickle, maybee it sound crazy, but thats how I want the guitar to look.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Ibanez AEF37
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
^---I said to myself that I was going to buy a guitar with covered pickups as my next guitar. You will realize that it doesnt matter as much. Also, when I saw the PRS with uncovered pickups, i loved the look. It looked better than the one with covers. Most guitars look better with covered pickups, but the PRS didnt to me.
You can get the HFS/Vintage Bass covered, I think. Here's the other problem: It's impossible to EQ an amp for both EMGs and a pickup like the Dragon II.
Hi, I'm Peter
Just went to harmony central and looked at some bareknucle pickups. Nailbomb or miracle man seem like the ones for me, but are they covered??? Does anyone have these and how do they sound?? Will the work with the five way pickup selector for coil tapping???
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Ibanez AEF37
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6