If I were To get and SH-5 Seymour Duncan in the bridge postion of my sz520 would it get the eddie van halen sound like it does in the Annihilator ran guitar? I am wondering because i dont know if they're made of a different kind of wood (mines mahogany). Or if it would sound a little different because my guitar is thicker than the Ran Annihilator V guitar. I really love the tone it sounds in the Ran and i would like something like that in my SZ because Eddie's squeals and harmonics are amazing! Oh BTW if this matters at all i'd be playing high gain metal with it sort of like Lamb Of God Since I use Drop D a lot...Thanks!

Oh P.S. here's the ran guitar video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of4L3jY4Q9A
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
You mean SH-55 Seth Lover? I have 2 in my Les Paul and they are amazing. I'm not sure about you're guitar since ive never played one before My LP doesn't sound like EVH, but it has a nice classic rock tone, kind of like Joe Perry. Just remember that Eddie uses a bunch of effects too, notably his flanger.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Pretty sure he means SH-5 Duncan Custom. It's, well, obviously, a sick pickup.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
Pretty sure he means SH-5 Duncan Custom. It's, well, obviously, a sick pickup.

that's what i would be talking about right there
Setup:
Gibson Faded SG
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
i just wanted to know if it would make a big difference in tone because the sz isnt as thin as like strats eddie used or the annihilator ran guitars.
Setup:
Gibson Faded SG
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
i don't see how the duncan custom would get you an EVH tone, EVH used pretty low output gibson pafs, the duncan custom uses a ceramic magnet, and (going by the specs, I haven't tried it) is probably quite modern sounding.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?