i dont know where else to put this but i figured here would work. I've been playing for awhile but I need help with sweep picking. any practicing suggestions, tips, etc.
ahh the art of sweep picking. its a real toughie to learn. just find a song with some sweeps and play the song every day no matter how much u suck at sweeping and eventually you'll get better at it. it worked for me
There are lessons for sweep picking in the lessons section fo this website.

I highly doubt this is the right forum, however, considering most people aren't doing decent sweeping for a LONG time...
insaneguitar.com

Masterlessons, Sweeping.

Sweepings always been my favorite technique to do.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Sweep picking is hard, at least for me it is. I can get the 3 string sweep picking down easily, but 5 and 6 string picking I have a really hard time. I try to practice everyday. I'm getting a little better, but not perfect.
try to start out with 5 string sweeps so that you can focus on the sweeping movement rather than changing directions too much with 3 strings...also, although many people say to practice sweeping with distortion, you should start out practicing on a clean setting so that you can actually hear what your fingers are doing rather than all of your mistakes being covered up by distortion...learn to sweep cleanly, then focus on muting

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409481

along with 1000 other threads
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Try a Major Triad for a first 5 string sweep. It's not all that hard. Just keep doing it over and over and eventually you'll see it take shape and start sounding like shred0rz.

Heres one in the key of F#(9th fret)

6 9 6
      7        7
    6            6
  8                8
9                    9

Do that up and down.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Aug 20, 2006,