I have been into rock and metal for a while.. every since I bought my B.C. Rich Warlock.. But, I just recently joined a Jazz band, and am looking for a guitar with more clean crisp tone. Anyone have any suggestions for a good Jazz sounding guitar for around 800-1000$ ? Im open to any brand, but Ill probably go to a shop and play one first.
You could try the Epiphone Dot for about $400, and replace the pick ups with your remaining cash. You're better off looking yourself though that way you won't be dissappointed.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
your freakin rich man... ooooooooooo i just bought a guitar but its not good enough im just gonna go out and get a new 1 ahwaaawaaawaaa... lol ....jkz man im only a begginer so yeah go to a shop and try one out first

not the dot, you're going to need a full hollowbody. I would suggest an ES-175 or copy, or a Washburn J3 or J5.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Schecter C-1 Classics are nice. I've never actually played a BC Rich Warlock but from what I've heard it can probably play rock and metal better than a BC Rich Warlock. Maybe not metal but oh well
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Quote by rzorblde
your freakin rich man... ooooooooooo i just bought a guitar but its not good enough im just gonna go out and get a new 1 ahwaaawaaawaaa... lol ....jkz man

Noo... I have had my my Warlock for about 3 years. And I have been saving for about 6 months and working every hour I can for this new guitar.
solid state is fine for what your doing...

here are my two reccomendations depending on what your looking for.
Epiphone Elitist Dot-1200 New

Yamaha AEX1500 1396 New

The epiphone will be the more versitile but the Yamaha is an incredible instrument.
This thread is making me want one...

New they're a little above your price range but if you can find one used they might just sit right in it...
They're worth it.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I used to have an epiphone dot.

It was pretty nice. But not really my type of guitar, traded it in with a bc rich and an ibanez and then another 500 bucks and got my acoustic.

Its got a nice sound though, theirs probally better.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

How about the Ibanez Artcore? They're pretty inexpensive aswell.

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Quote by Friedmaniac
not the dot, you're going to need a full hollowbody. I would suggest an ES-175 or copy, or a Washburn J3 or J5.

Well, he doesn't NEED a full hollow, but non-Elitist DOTs just suck. So why get one?

Quote by Danno13
What amp you got?

Oh Danno. You amaze me with your intelligent ways.

Quote by zeppfan
How about the Ibanez Artcore? They're pretty inexpensive aswell.

Nice call! Artcore FTW!
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Well, he doesn't NEED a full hollow, but non-Elitist DOTs just suck. So why get one?

Oh Danno. You amaze me with your intelligent ways.

Nice call! Artcore FTW!

MUTHER FUKER GET THE ARTCORE!

i dont know whitch one, but i strongly suggeset one, plus theyre damn pretty *drools*
the previous jazz band guitarist in my school used an ibanez 7-string, fender strat, or epi explorer. i plan on using a frender strat
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
you dont need a hollowbody to do jazz, theres no requriements for a specific type
Quote by redsox193
you dont need a hollowbody to do jazz, theres no requriements for a specific type

he doesnt have a guitar with a clean tone, but ur right
Our guitarist last year in jazz played a strat.
I play a schecter, jazz/Invader.
Wierd combo I know.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by l2p_Guitar

Ibanez 2005 SZ720FM

I own this! But I can't tell you if it's good for jazz as I haven't tried that yet. Otherwise I'm overly happy with it, hehe. good luck on your decision.
"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing."
I feel completely disregarded
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

The SZ should do pretty well. Very nice, full tone (think LP), and the neck pickup sounds great clean. I'm no jazz player though, so...
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
the guitarist and bassist in the jazz band play strats...i think they belong to the school though, they match the black and white theme of the whole band
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by axe_grinder247
the guitarist and bassist in the jazz band play strats...i think they belong to the school though, they match the black and white theme of the whole band

You mean the guitar's or players? :P

Anyway, I think that Ibanez would be alright. I don't know too much about jazz style hehe.
Quote by Mwoit
You mean the guitar's or players? :P

Anyway, I think that Ibanez would be alright. I don't know too much about jazz style hehe.

that is like SO racist - i am appalled!

it's pretty cool though that everyone in the band is wearing black, i'm not sure if every jazz band does, but this particular one has not only musical talent, but a sense of matching style
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by axe_grinder247
that is like SO racist - i am appalled!

it's pretty cool though that everyone in the band is wearing black, i'm not sure if every jazz band does, but this particular one has not only musical talent, but a sense of matching style

I'm sowwy
^Yes, but humbuckers are generally better for jazz because jazz generally has a very warm sound wich a humbuckers would do better than single coils.
I agree that you should get a Hollowbody.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!