4 17%
Wrapped but only for low stuff, then middle of the neck for higher
14 61%
middle of the neck 100% of the time
5 22%
thumb?
0 0%
Voters: 23.
Not really asking for advice, i just know that everyone plays different and im interested to know where everyone puts their thumb while playing.

discuss!

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
i wrap around for low stuff, obviously cuz i need more room, and my hands arent incredibly big, but big enough, so i put it in the middle for higher stuff.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I'm around the middle almost all the time, only move a lot for bends and vibrato.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Thumb over the neck for me.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
i tend to wrap it around like a baseball bat sometimes.
rawwwwwwwwwwww
I got trained playing classical/blues songs and one of the first things I got taught was to 'always keep your thumb in the middle'. So there's my answer.
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
Over the top of the neck for everything but powerchords.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Last edited by Kartman at Aug 17, 2006,
Man I just can't see how people can play like that same way with anchoring, I just can't play like that. Oh well, guess that's a good thing though
Quote by CodySG
Man I just can't see how people can play like that same way with anchoring, I just can't play like that. Oh well, guess that's a good thing though

do you mean with the thumb wraped? it depends on the style. i couldnt imagine a metal shredder type player to play that way. but for the blues and rock its a lot easier i find to do that type of music with the thumb wraped. things like static bends, double stops and other things like that are easier to do if you wrap your thumb.
Very interesting, well I'm a metal/shredder type player so I guess that's why it's hard for me
Wrapped around almost toughing my low-E for chords Powerchords and the like, but on the back If Im fretting single notes.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.