Im am really interested in building my own low wattage tube amp.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any really good books for beginners on tube amps and how they work.
I've seen books like Morgan Jones Valve amplifiers and Aspen Pittman's The Tube Amp Book.
But are there better books specifically for guitar tube amps that are for beginners?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dunno of any books that might help, but there are tons of sites with forums and great tech pages. I've personally built myself an amp, it's a great project. Before you start I'd recommend a knowledge of basic electronics though. Stuff like how resistors work, capacitors, voltage, watts, just crap like that.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah I do have basic knowledge of electronics. I've rewired a number of guitars and built a boost pedal. Transformers are the thing I really need to learn about. I would buy a kit if I could but Im in New Zealand and its hard to get stuff like that down here.

I've also seen those websites, and will definetly be making use of them.
Thanks for your input guys. Anyone else have any ideas on books?
I might give him an email and see what recommends. I would like to find books available in NZ because it costs a fortune to have stuff sent here. Incase you dont know New Zealand is at the bottom of the world. Thanks for your input That_Pink_Queen I appreciate it.