Hey, I just got a peavey 6505, and I need a cabinet. I am pretty interested in the g-flex, but I was wondering, what kind of tone would I get? I am looking for a metallica-esque tone from around master of puppets or the black album. I currently have a guitar with emg's as well. So, will the g-flex be able to crank those kind of tones out? I am a rythym player mostly btw. Thanks.
the best kab for those tones would the Uberkab..... considering your hi-gain amp.

BTW, threadstarter, do you play In Flames ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Negatory on the inflames. I'm not into a lot of newer music. Some new bands have some good tones, but I'm not too into them.
old in flames pwns.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
The G-flex really emphasizes bass, which you may not want with a 5150, since that's already a pretty dark amp.
really? does it balance out the tone a bit better than say a recto cab?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
really? does it balance out the tone a bit better than say a recto cab?

I have a 5150, and when cab shopping I chose the mesa over the marshall for that reason. It just seemed more punchy.
I couldn't say, i've never used a Mesa cab before, but i found the 5150 and Marshall cab balanced out very nicely, great lead tones, a smooth midrange and tight bass. I prefered it to the Peavey 5150 cab tbh.
i agree i have played my 5150 on the Marshall the Recto cab and of course i have the 5150 cab i actually think it sounded best with the Marshall cab but i still gotta get one
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I've heard various cabs used with 5150 / 6505s, and the only cabs that do it justice are the 5150 and Mesa Recto cabs. I didn't like the tone of the Marshall 1960 as I found it cave the 5150 a nasally propertly.

I don't know how a G-Flex cab would sound with a 5150, but my initial thought would be that it would pump out way too much low end.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
5150 cabs sound like shlt....imo.

And there's a bass knob for a reason. You adjust it.
Well, to each his own. I'm not a huge fan of Peavey cabs, but IMO, the 5150 head sounds best paired with the 5150 cab it was designed for. With other heads, 5150 cabs don't sound too good.

The 5150 needs to be paired with a cabinet that delivers tight low end. I know how to use EQs, and I've tried multiple cabs, and the bassy, dark nature of the 5150 tends to make it boomy. And I know that the G-Flex makes amps without big low end sound bassy and boomy because of its bass ports. I'm suspecting the Mesa's Celestion V30s were partially responsible for that tight low end.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
The 5150 cab is one of the worst matches for the 5150 for metal IMO. But to each his own. They are too flubby and just plain sound bad for high gain to me. The Sheffields suck dick. I guess the G-Flex could sound too boomy as well, but I'd take it over a 5150 cab any day of the week still.