mmk so I am guitar shopping

and I know to check most things (fret buzz, blah blah blah) but seeing that the nexk is straight really confuses me as to how to do it... do i check it its straight as in its parallel with the body on its "face" or do i check taht it is straitht the other way...from the side

yes i am very confused
the side is right one your looking for

the other way is adjustable
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
If you wanna check whether the neck is ok, just normally check the neck relief and perform this on all 6 strings to check for neck twists. If you wanna check if the neck is proportional to the body and bridge, then just see the 19th/20th fret, where the neck meets the body, the low E string and high e string should be well inside the fretboard area with almost the same length from the side of the neck.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by pepsi_lovr
mmk so I am guitar shopping

and I know to check most things (fret buzz, blah blah blah) but seeing that the nexk is straight really confuses me as to how to do it... do i check it its straight as in its parallel with the body on its "face" or do i check taht it is straitht the other way...from the side

yes i am very confused

yeh check from the side. cause if your check to see if its parallel to the body your checking the neck angle