Yngwie Malmsteen uses them.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Nah, Malmsteen uses Dunlop's 6000 "Super"-Jumbo Frets, while having all of his frets scalloped.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Malmsteem uses scalloped fretboards. Scalloped frets let you do your vibrato's better and you dont have to apply too much pressure on the fretboard itself to sound the strings. A jumbo fret allows you to do the same at a fraction of the cost. Just check out how much a Malmsteem strat costs and a regular strat costs. Also jumbo frets (made of the good material) will last longer and look cool.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
If I could just bump this thread back up: my Ibanez RG has jumbo frets, and the strings are extremely easy to bend. Its a little harder to bend on by strat, could this be because it has medium frets?
Jumbo frets suck, IMO, as I don't find that the response you're looking for when fretting a note should be you fretting on air.

And nickel frets>stainless steel even though they wear faster.
i had a srv style strat neck made for me by the watrmouth guitar co,its has jumbo frets ,a oval neck and compond radial fretboard.i had it installed on my american made strat and it totally kicks ass! im really happy with the action,its a really fast neck and the jumbo frets allow me to have good control over my bends and vibrato. the neck cost 330 bucks and i highly recommend it for strat players. newer fender necks on strats thease days are way to thin for my likeing.
Quote by Kris_man
If I could just bump this thread back up: my Ibanez RG has jumbo frets, and the strings are extremely easy to bend. Its a little harder to bend on by strat, could this be because it has medium frets?

Nope. It probably has to do with the action/neck radius.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you