Ok im new to this but im looking to get a new guitar I want to play metal for ex children of bodom slayer pantera trivium well pretty much all kinds of metal so will a Jackson DKMG,or a esp mh-400 be good????????????
either would be great.. but i'd go with the ESP. I have the ex-400 and it's incredible for the price.

If you do get an esp, get a 400 series (minimum) the rest aren't as good.

Out of those 2 that you stated.. the esp has better pickups, better hardware, made of mahogany.. etc.. so it's quite a bit better. The Jackson is still great though.

Take a look at the Schecter Hellraiser C1.. it's probably slightly better than the esp 400's and jacksons.. and it's quite a bit cheaper (£449)
go for an ibanez, ive got the rg350ex and its great for that kinda stuff, gives a real metal crunch.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

^^ I had an ibanez rg370dx and that was sh**!! I ended up selling it.

ESP's, schecters and jacksons that were mentioned before come with EMGs whereas the ibanez rg comes with ibanez made pickups.. which sound awful and tinny.

It'd be alright if you changed the pickups.. but still not the quality of the others
ESP MH-400 is very good but how would you feel on a finished neck?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^^ don't you like finished necks? they're nice and smooth.. both of my main guitars have them..
Jackson's and ESP's are great if your willing to pay alot, however stay well clear of thier low end models, there garbage and for the money you'll be paying you can find something alot better. as 'p2fyre' said look at Shecters, there great value for money, especially lower end models. also look at Dean guitars, ive got a Dean and i prefer it to my Jackson.
Quote by p2fyre
^^ don't you like finished necks? they're nice and smooth.. both of my main guitars have them..

Its just that when your hands get sweaty, they could get stuck on that finished neck, as opposed to unfinished neck, you just slide thru them as if they were powdered.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ok so i was looking at a Schecter C1 FR Guitar is that good for all kinds of metal??????
Quote by bulletedfury
ok so i was looking at a Schecter C1 FR Guitar is that good for all kinds of metal??????

if you mean the current c1 fr model no.

but if you mean a hellraiser fr hell yeah. lol.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Hell yeah, I have the MH-400, but I would have rather gotten that just for the OFR. Even though the LFR is fine on the MH, I would just want something that would never go out of tune. But the OFR is kinda raised up do to the fact that most LFRs are copies of the OFR Pro which is a more lower profile version of the OFR. Either way, your going to get a really nice guitar. Oh, and don't buy a OFR equipped guitar unless you are willing to work on it and set it up nicely since even though it should come fine from the factory, tuning (when needed) and restringing take quite a bit of work at first. Also, if the guitar only comes with 3 springs (mine did ) then I wouldn't go over 9-42 gauge strings since it will cause it to lift up. Other than that it will be fine. Oh and if you need any help once you get it, just PM me and I will gladly be able to help.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
also consider the damien FR. I play 1 and i love it. the pickups are passive but they shred none the less. its also cheaper.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
also consider the damien FR. I play 1 and i love it. the pickups are passive but they shred none the less. its also cheaper.

no.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by p2fyre
^^ I had an ibanez rg370dx and that was sh**!! I ended up selling it.

ESP's, schecters and jacksons that were mentioned before come with EMGs whereas the ibanez rg comes with ibanez made pickups.. which sound awful and tinny.

It'd be alright if you changed the pickups.. but still not the quality of the others

thats not too hard olus ibanez necks kick ass for matal
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club