Essence Of Pain

After a nearly 1 1/2 year hiatus, I'm finally back to playing on a regular basis. I needed some time off because I was in the writing rut from hell and just struggling every single day.

Anywho, this is something I wrote and recorded a while ago. Since I grew up in the 70's and 80's, I wanted to do something from the "metal" side of guitar from that era. In other words, along the lines of Maiden, Priest, etc..etc.... and I think I achieved that on this song.

Although my newer stuff is sounding further and further away from this, it's still fun to just wail out a killer riff from back in the day once in a while!
wow this is badass man. im liking the harmonizing, this is definately my style of music. The solo doesnt go with the rhythm that well, but its still good, im definately digging it. Thanks for the crit on my stuff btw, check my other stuff out on there, its all pretty good i hear
kickass man. I really like your phrasing. I thought the solos sound pretty badass. I really like how you transition into them, the second solo really flows great, I especially like that one. I could use some writing advice if you get a chance. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416172
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids