I'm looking for a new amp that would be good for classic rock (zepp, ac/dc, guns n' roses, etc.) and modern rock (mostly chili peppers, foo fighters). I have a strat and i'm going to get either an epi les paul standard or an epi sg S.O.R.. My price range is anything up to $600. I would prefer to get a cheaper amp and have some money for some pedals, but if $600 is what i need for the amp of my dreams im fine with it. Also, it's only for bedroom practice and my dad gets pissed when i turn the volume up too loud, so i want it to sound good without having to crank it up to 10.

If some1 can help me it'd be great.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
dident you do this like 2 days ago?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
VOX AD50VT all the way. Very good for classic rock, I have one and it can do more bluesy stuff as well. It has got a few effects built in as well.

I'd really recommend it for your style, and it also has a knob to decide how much watt-output you want (0-50W) so you can still play it like a 15W. It won't be too loud for bedroom practice.

Hope that helped.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by backtothe70s
dident you do this like 2 days ago?

yeah i did but i forgot to put in the part about the bedroom practice.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
i agree completey with demon wolf. i just bought the VOX AD100VT and it is the most amazing amp iv ever played, perfect for any kind of rock. it cost me 515 canadian and it was worth every penny. and like demon said the knob that lets you set the watt-output is so perfect for playing on low volumes. check it out, you wont be disapointed.
Oh, and if you want the VOX, get either the AD50VT or AD100VT cause they both have better speakers than the AD30VT.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I would go for a Fender Blues Jr. or a Traynor YCV20 The Fender is 15 watts all-tube, and the Traynor is 20. They both have some seriously nice tones, especially for the styles you play. And they take pedals very well. My main complaint about the Vox AD is that it won't sound as good with pedals.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
^^Well, you have a point there. But if he's gonna focus on classic rock/modern rock the VOX will be great even without pedals.

If he buys either of those two amps, which I'm sure are cheaper, he'll have spend money on pedals anyway which will probably even out the cost.

It's all about preference, I guess.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
^^Well, you have a point there. But if he's gonna focus on classic rock/modern rock the VOX will be great even without pedals.

If he buys either of those two amps, which I'm sure are cheaper, he'll have spend money on pedals anyway which will probably even out the cost.

It's all about preference, I guess.

Those 2 amps are more expensive than the Vox. The Vox is only a Hybrid/SS amp. The 2 amps i mentioned are both all tube, and sound better all around. But they do sound much better with pedals. They also sounds better at higher volumes (in case you ever needed it). They have more natural sounds as well.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Oh, my bad. I just assumed they were cheaper than the VOX, and I'm not too familiar with them.

Well, in that case, all tubes are always nice so in the end it comes down to how much money you wanna spend.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
If you wanna go used I have a peavey classic 50 for sale, that I could ge tto you for about 500 shipped.
Quote by Master Bait Her
i heard you cant get just a 'clean channel" from the vox

what vox are you talking about? There are a lot of people that use the AC30 "just" for cleans.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids