My cheap ass electric guitar cost 50$, it's a peice of crap. When I bought it, the pickups are falling out of the guitar! The screw on the left side is always loose, so the left side falls out. (the right screw keeps it on the guitar) Is there anything I can do to keep the pickups from falling out? I know I can't use glue, 'cause it ****s up the pickups.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ΣΔΤ ΜΣ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halo 2
Hockey
These piha teams don't do that through the legs ditzie-doodle.

Zeitgeist
try putting some sort of wood filler or filler into where the screw goes into the guitar, and then screw it it into the wood filler, that might help. filler is the go i think , it's a similar predicament to the strap lock loosness that many experience.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
try putting some sort of wood filler or filler into where the screw goes into the guitar, and then screw it it into the wood filler, that might help. filler is the go i think , it's a similar predicament to the strap lock loosness that many experience.

So... you're saying, make the hole smaller so the screw will fit in better?
Halo 2
Hockey

Zeitgeist
bingo, if you fill it with would filler, which is usually softer than wood, than you can screw the pickup in and the screw will drill it's own holl in the filler if you screw it hard enough and that's about the best thing you can do. and then try not to unscrew your pickups to often and it'll stay in.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
bingo, if you fill it with would filler, which is usually softer than wood, than you can screw the pickup in and the screw will drill it's own holl in the filler if you screw it hard enough and that's about the best thing you can do. and then try not to unscrew your pickups to often and it'll stay in.

Thanx, that should be a good cheap solution to last me untill I get a new guitar.
Halo 2
Hockey

Zeitgeist
When you get a new one, remeber, only a Gibson is good enough. Or an epiphone, if you don't have $1000. I play an epi SG, and I love.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
^Tool.

If you don't want to buy woodfiller, use toothpicks. They work for me when those damn screws will not stay in.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.