my question is if there is a big difference between a dreadnaught and a cutaway in sound
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
cutaways just make it easier to reach higher frets.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
a little bit of a sound diff but not really!
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
^yeah thats what i thought. i mean how can that one little section make any difference.
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
pretty much
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Not my experience, people. I play a dreadnought because I think the increased resonance is worth it. However, if you really think you need those upper frets on an acoustic(you usually don't. This isn't a shred machine), then get a cutaway. As long as it's a decent brand, it should sound fine.
The terms dreadnought and cutaway are not mutually exclusive. You can find dreadnoughts with cutaways just like you can find just about any other guitar body size/style with a cutaway. The sound differences for a given body size/style with and without a cutaway are marginal at most.
^thanks guys
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100