can you put 2 guitars through a dual rect?

are there multiple input jacks in the amp/amp channels where 2 guitars can go in?

im just curious.
Last edited by Supern00b at Aug 17, 2006,
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
I'm pretty sure you can only run one guitar into a Dual Rec at once.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
any amp where you can run 2 guitars into usually sounds terrible because if two people are jamming through the same amp, one usually blows over the other one
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Yes the Vox AC30 sure was a crappy amp, i mean some bands ran everything through it so it must have sounded bad.

If you're thinking of switching between 2 different guitars, you could get an A/B or A/B/Y box.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^^^ those things are VERY useful if you want to do something with a complex rig setup
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
not the case of a/b switch..

i mean like one guitar playing rhythm and the other playing lead through one ampp....its a wild idea....
Vats ist a "why"?

btw, erock, is that green pedal in your rig a maxon? not the OD 9 the other one....

and how much is a Mesa BOogie cab?

btw erock, on monday, im going to 6 flags in jackson it would be crazy if like you and me got in a fight and i was like "you teh lamezors on guitar" and you would be like "STFU noob, im Erock" and i would like say "Im not a noob, im a SUPER noob" then we'd be like wtf this is like UG in real life
Last edited by Supern00b at Aug 17, 2006,
I want some of whatever you're smoking bro! I'll be stealing your stash of kind if I see you at 6 flags, haha. j/k

I'm actually right up the street from 6 flags man. The pedal is a Maxon OD808. I sold the TS-9, I found I was really only using the 808. I prefer the OD tone, and found it to be a little more transparent when I set it as more of a clean boost.

I got my Recto 4x12 for $500 used on eBay including shipping. It's got some battle scars, but the V30's are all good and it's in pretty good shape overall.

a "Y" is exactly like the letter, it splits the signal into 2 parts, or combines 2 signals into one. I use one to run my amps together. Some of them are designed to work either way also, so you can run 2 guitars into one output.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
o ok, so the y part can get 2 guitars into one amp, 2 amps from 1 guitar, and so forth. ok.