Im thinking that Im going to replaces My Epiphone Les Paul Studios pickups, for they are still stock at the moment. I know absolutely nothign about pickups, other than they pick up the vibrations of the strings through the magnets ro wahetevr. So my question is, what would a good set up pickups be for an Epi LP that would give me warm cleans, and many distortions? Stuff like Three Days Grace, The Pink Spiders, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Staind, Sum 41 and so on, and what would the rough price be?

Thanks in advance.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
hmm...

Some good pickup manufacturers are Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio and Bare Knuckle pickups.

The Duncan '59 and JB models are great. If you don't mind the fact that EVERYONE uses them, they'll be good for what you play.

As for prices, here in Yurp, a pickup is about 90 euros, probably cheaper in america.
If you can order online, you can get them cheap, as many online retailers ship to canada, and pickups can be mailed easily.
Quote by bloodsport2256
EMG 81/85...................oh yea

That or EMG 81/81.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I just put a full set of Dimarzio Evos in my Ibanez. It's awesome. High ouput bridge and med output neck with a single coil that makes for great rhythm. I would definately reccommend these. Smooth cleans, but really shine in the overdrive.
FTLOG, i don't think emg's are what he's after. did you even read the bands whose tones he wanted?

much as I dislike the jb, it's actually not THAT bad a choice for those tones. at least, a hell of a lot better than the emg's. I don't think the evos would be great for those tones either, they're a bit more for shred...

what's your budget, greenday?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Doesnt matter at the moment. Im not looking to buy them right away, Im looking for some things to look at and research. I still need to pay off my JSX and WD7, Not extremely expensive, like $1000 or anythign stupid, but not cheap either. i want some good quality pickups that'll last me for quite some time.

Quote by RadioHead22
you probably want to go boutique then, unless you've tried some other pickups that you've fallen in love with.

there are bareknuckles, swinesheads, wcr, wolfetone, wcr, high order, sd (not duncans!), lollar, fralin, etc. I haven't tried all, or even many of those, so I can't really advise... and price will doubtless play a part too...

google them to get the websites...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow, Im so lost lol, there's so may to choose from...are some in that list better for Three Days Gracey tones? Or are they all baisically the same? The main tone Im looking for at the moment is Three Days Grace.

Quote by RadioHead22
^ er, I wouldn't know a 3 days' grace song from a backstreet boys song...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh, well listen to Riot, and Wake Up, those are mainly the distortions and cleans Im looking for, even though Wake Up is on acoustic...

Quote by RadioHead22
^ to youtube, i go...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol^

I dont know if you;re into that kind of music or not, but those are 2 pretty good songs.

Quote by RadioHead22
I'm guessing a ceramic warpig/miracle man for the bridge pickup, or a swineshead warthog, or wcr hercs.

for the cleans, i'd go swineshead runaway, bareknuckle you might get away with the neck warpig, or maybe a miracle man neck, wcr, don't really know.

you really need to listen to any soundclips you can, then email all the pickup guys to see which they recommend...

it depends on what amp you have too. that sounds like a recto they're using, if you had a recto amp, you could get that distortion tone with virtually any bridge humbucker...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I have a JSX, but thanks for your help.

Quote by RadioHead22
^ well, the jsx wouldn't be a million miles away...

but yeah, the best bet is to email the prospective pickup websites to see.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, I'll get around to that someday, and let you know how it goes, so you will have that information for whenever someone else asks for something relatively close.

Quote by RadioHead22
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Quote by RadioHead22