Erm no I dont think so.....But Jackson and Charvel joined forces to create a megalomanical totalitarian business in which they destroy everyone else's guitars (except Ibanez) and feed you theirs. Check em out, jacksons and charvels are hawt.

.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Sorry. It won't change anything.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Suckers
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by insideac
Erm no I dont think so.....But Jackson and Charvel joined forces to create a megalomanical totalitarian business in which they destroy everyone else's guitars (except Ibanez) and feed you theirs. Check em out, jacksons and charvels are hawt.

.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.

haha jackocaster

but god...that sucks...so is every jackson gonna have a shorter scale length and gay colors...and a gay pickguard

and are they gonna be un-shreddable?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Who knows? maybe its not true, and if it is maybe fender wont ***** the guitars over. Doesn't matter to me though, Stock fender style is good to me. And fenders a more shredable then "gabsons"... BTW great quote ChurchNSkate.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
dude, fender already bought them a while ago... they havnt changed anything and there not gonna
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Why a shorter scale length? They've had 25.5 inches all the time.

Look, they were bought ages ago. I'm surprised you only noticed now. And they've always been making strat-based guitars, like the Dinky and Soloist. They still come in 80 different colours. They're just as shreddable. They've even been upgraded and now most of them have Duncans or EMG pickups.

I don't see why you all are complaining.
thanks you guys for the last two posts but i'll also help clear it up, YES fender guitars bought jackson guitars but they realize that fenders *example: stratocaster* are different than jacksons *example: kelly* knowing this they own the business but they still have all the same workers doing the jacksons, their quality isn't going down, theyre actually gonna get better YES there still gonna be "shredable" so dont worry it was actually a good move and again i repeat FENDER STILL HAS THE JACKSON GUITAR MAKERS WORKING FOR THEM SO THE JACKSONS WILL EITHER STILL BE THE SAME QUALITY OR GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!! cleared up enough?
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
my idea first!!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
you ppl r freakin out now when Fender has owned jackson for a while now... Thats kinda sad if u ask me!!!
Quote by TheAmaranth

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
how long have they owned jackson?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Since before Dave Mustaine had a sig guitar with ESP (He wanted to buy Jackson, but Fender got 'em first)
wow...that long?

and you're right, there haven't been any changes to jacksons as far as i can tell
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Jackson guitars have got worse since the buy out, you damned morons, just like Charvel got crappier when they went into mass production and joined Jackson, Wayne got forced out. Kramer are pretty much the same; they stopped making good guitars in the 80's and got bought out by Gibson.
how have jacksons gotten worse??
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
A 2006 Jackson doesn't even compare to one of the 80's before they got really big and the buy out.
but exactly what has changed?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
try the sound, fretboard, body, connectors they just seem to go down hill after a while!!!
Quote by TheAmaranth

Um, morons, Jackson has been owned by FMIC for about 5-6 years now.

Chill the fuck out. Fender knows Jackson makes money by being JACKSON, not the Jackocater or whatever the hell you morons yelled out.

A USA SL1 or whatever will still pwn the pants off of whatever you have, don't worry kiddo.
haha
Aged guitars are always better, 2001 Ibanez RG1570 is going to be better than a 2006 RG1570, its just because of aged wood and all that ****, theres really no big deal.
EVH
Prices have gone up considerably since Fender bought out Jackson. An example of this is that when I bought my DXMG they were at $399 in US dollars. Then they went up to $472 for a while and now I believe they are around $540,,,,and I really dont believe that any of you can blame this on inflation. They maybe have changed the models a little bit over the years, and I suppose that would explain the price jump,,,but pretty much all lower to middle price range Jacksons have had this same type of price increase.
Last edited by rokket2005 at Aug 17, 2006,
Fender has owned Jackson for a while now. Stop bitching about Jackocasters.
Sent from my iPad.
wasnt that a logn time ago? i remember when i bought my guitar i went to the jackson website to take the picture of my guitar to show my friends and the URL was being hosted by "www.fender.com" just go to the jackson website and look at properties on any of the picutres.. its probly still hosted my fender.com.
jackson didnot go down in any way after being bought by fender.They kept the same workers,models,and designs,and anyone who says the 80's jacksons are better than the ones today, means they've probaly never played an 80's jackson
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....