Ok so there was an advert my local paper offering a second hand cab, said it was a Marshall 4x12. A bit tatty. And had not been used for a while. I was wondering what questions i should ask before i go to see the amp?
Thanks.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
"do i have enough gas in my tank to get me there?"

and

"Do i really know where i'm going"

are both really good ones to ask
find out what kind of speakers are in it. If it's the V30's, they can take quite a beating. I haven't messed with a lot of other brands of old speakers. Find out where it was stored, like a basement sometimes has a lot of moisture, and that can mess wood up. Rusty handles and casters can be replaced easy, and Tolex is nothing, you could re-tolex a cab for about $50 in materials. Just make sure the wood is good, and speakers are all good.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
You guys are missing the biggest factor...first, find out what model cabinet it is.
1960A, B?
AVT?
MG?

Then, find out how much??

MG = no more than 150-200 in that condition.
VS or AVT = no more than 200. 250 MAX in VG condition.
1960 A/B = 300-400
JCM800/900 = same as 1960.

Had a bunch of em, man. They're a dime a dozen. Dont get all googly over the black and gold.
Quote by demea
You guys are missing the biggest factor...first, find out what model cabinet it is.
1960A, B?
AVT?
MG?

Then, find out how much??

MG = no more than 150-200 in that condition.
VS or AVT = no more than 200. 250 MAX in VG condition.
1960 A/B = 300-400
JCM800/900 = same as 1960.

Had a bunch of em, man. They're a dime a dozen. Dont get all googly over the black and gold.

yeah, good point, I kind of assumed he was talking about a 1960 being a "bit tatty", but good point, it could be anything.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, good point, I kind of assumed he was talking about a 1960 being a "bit tatty", but good point, it could be anything.