I was thinking about replacing the pickups in my guitar with either the Duncan humbuckers or EMG 81/85 because I'm pretty sure that's what Kirk Hammett uses and I really like the way that guitar sounds. I don't think my guitar has terrible sound, but also don't know what its true potential could be (btw its a mohagany body). Is there really abig difference between my stockk pickups and say the EMG's?? Should i consider getting them brand new if I decide to get them or look on Ebay or somewhere else used? Thanks for the help in advance
what amp??
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
if its a tube amp, emgs

if its SS, duncans
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
I have a Roland Cube 30 practice amp right now. I like to play metallica, disturbed, A7X, Nirvana, etc but i also like to play a lot of clean stuff too so i wasn't quite sure what to get.
Quote by dj_brooks22
I have a Roland Cube 30 practice amp right now. I like to play metallica, disturbed, A7X, Nirvana, etc but i also like to play a lot of clean stuff too so i wasn't quite sure what to get.

i know that a7x uses duncan invaders and emgs are better with tube amps. so i say duncans
^Invaders suck.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Kirk Hammett uses EMG 81/81 and James Hetfield uses EMG 81/60. If you want a really warm clean tone get EMG 60 in the neck. If you want a more punchy, but sill smooth and warm get EMG 81 in neck. I use EMG 81/81 in my ESP and I like it a lot when I play metal, rock and hard rock blues.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?