I think I'm gonna pick up a Parker P-42 today. What do you guys think? Good guitar? Never played one but my teacher has one and it sounds pretty nice. Just interested in what you think. I had this electric yamaha when I started the pickups won't switch over and it's all crackily, I'm not paying to have it repaired. Tell me what you guys think!
It looks like a great guitar, but you've never played it and your buying it? I suggest you atleast try it out first before you buy it. you never know maybe, you wont like the feel of the neck, maybe you wont like the feel of the body, maybe you will, but find out buy trying it before spending $519 on something that might not be for you
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by Zero15
I think I'm gonna pick up a Parker P-42 today. What do you guys think? Good guitar? Never played one but my teacher has one and it sounds pretty nice. Just interested in what you think. I had this electric yamaha when I started the pickups won't switch over and it's all crackily, I'm not paying to have it repaired. Tell me what you guys think!

I think its a stupid idea TBH.

The opening lines of that post shouldnt have said "I think I'm gonna pick up a Parker P-42 today. What do you guys think? Good guitar? Never played one but my teacher has one and it sounds pretty nice."

Should have been something like "Im interested in a Parker P-42. Is it a good guitar? Im going to go try one out for about 3 hours to make sure its what I like. And then Im going to go to other shops and try out other guitars to make sure I get what I REALLY want."

Also, it gets really old when kids are always saying "my guitar teacher has this..." or "my guitar teacher said to buy this or Ill suck forever" but maybe thats just biased because I sell a lot of MGs to kids that come into my store saying "my guitar teacher has a MG full stack and it rawkz I want one!".

Youre interested in what I think: I think you better take a few more days and play the field. Research your hundreds of other options and dont base it on what your teacher has.
That's actally at I meant. i am going into try it. I'm not just gonna walk in and take it lol.
all the guitars i have ever bought have been impulse buys and iv never had a bad one yet, well there was one exeption in a BC Rich but id rather not go there
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Actually it sounds ok but the sustain is crap. Save a little more and get a pm 20, hella lot better than the p 42. Also looks better.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by paintITblack39
I never tried those, but they look uglier than sin.

Holy Sh!t whats wrong with you theyre beautiful.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
that guitar is as ugly as hell

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

Also, it gets really old when kids are always saying "my guitar teacher has this..." or "my guitar teacher said to buy this or Ill suck forever" but maybe thats just biased because I sell a lot of MGs to kids that come into my store saying "my guitar teacher has a MG full stack and it rawkz I want one!".

Thank god I don't have a guitar teacher.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by dementedpuppy
Holy Sh!t whats wrong with you theyre beautiful.

If beautiful means Star Jones, then yes, they're beautiful.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
If beautiful means Star Jones, then yes, they're beautiful.

hahahhahhhah im sigging that

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
I think the body shape is awesome, im just not really loving the colours it comes in
Quote by King ofKumbucha
So I bought it. It is a great guitar. Only one problem, not a big deal though. The body somewhat drives into my chest but then again I am pretty small. It is one of those things I will actually grow and it will fit me better but this thing is amazing it doesn't squeal or anything. I don't know what you guys are talking about this guitar is beautiful and I love everything about it!!!
prove it with some pics of it

and where in canada are you?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Theres no doubt that parkers are nice guitars, not everyones cup of tea tho :P
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
a short story, after trying out a Pettrucci sig, some Epi LPs, some PRS SE's like teh Tremonit and Custom I picked up a used Parker with natural ash body and maple fretboard 2 things I hate, it played by far the best out of all the guitars I tried and I tried many for over an hour. It was a 2 horned model but had easily the best fret access, best action, best feeling thinnest neck of the day but I just couldnt buy it b/c of the shape and finish, my loss I suppose.
Don't know why images won't work, but here is the link! Parker P-42

I am from the Toronto area.
Last edited by Zero15 at Aug 18, 2006,
looks good man!
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Thank you, I love it. I saved so long for my Apple MacBook Pro and now this i am so happy. It has completed everything.
nice, you workin? I finally started work at price chopper and first thing on my list is a used traynor YCV40 down at a local store here. Then a used MIA strat at a different store down here. the traynors $499 CAD and new in the states its $625 so its a good deal and the strats $799CAD compared to $1300 CAD for a new one, and its my favorite colour, sunburst with maple fretboard, only colour I like as much is olympic white with maple fretboard
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Was working lol, I gotta get a new job before I can keep spending money lol!
Quote by King ofKumbucha