Page 1 of 2
None, he just wrote a few songs.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Nilch. He SUPPOSIDLY wrote a few songs. He says he wrote Call of Ktulu, and that most of the solos on Kill 'Em All were originally by him, and Hammet just copied them.

Thrash/Metallica only thread.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
yeah they kicked him out right before kill em all was released. they just took some of the songs he helped to "develop" and put them on the albums
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
He wrote some of the riffs to Call of the Ktulu and some other riffs, but he never recorded anything with Metallica.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by lalalalinoleum_
Mustaine

Was ,is and always will be a prick that puts out good music from time to time
now you can close the thread.
I've always thought that Dave Mustaine is the biggest joke in music. Don't know why but I just find him funny... I mean... look at him! And his band is called 'Megadeth'... seriously, is he trying to take the piss?

I'm not slating his music, but
Quote by Tom Martin
I've always thought that Dave Mustaine is the biggest joke in music. Don't know why but I just find him funny... I mean... look at him! And his band is called 'Megadeth'... seriously, is he trying to take the piss?

William Hung. End of story.
i believe he wrote some of KEM, (definoutly The Four horsemen) and had had an influence on RTL

a megadeath is a unit that was proposed in order to count deaths in nuclear war.

though i cant deny he does looka bit funny..

i read somewhere that in a billboard somewhere, the A was missed... and for some reason it stayed that way
Quote by F@ Man
i believe he wrote some of KEM, (definoutly The Four horsemen) and had had an influence on RTL

He wrote The Mechanix but Papa Het decided to change the lyrics and add a little interlude in the middle. And he renamed it The Four Horsemen. There's a bootleg called One Last Visit that has Mustaine's demos with Metallika. Check it out.
Quote by Tom Martin

A megadeath is a unit of measure of measuring deaths in a nuclear war, as someone said. It's a million deaths.

If you are defending Metallica...to be honest, they are the real joke of metal. At least Mustaines worst albums were mediocre, whereas Metallica's worst are just plain abysmal. And the name Metallica is about as cheesy as you can get with the word metal.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
A megadeath is a unit of measure of measuring deaths in a nuclear war, as someone said. It's a million deaths.

If you are defending Metallica...to be honest, they are the real joke of metal. At least Mustaines worst albums were mediocre, whereas Metallica's worst are just plain abysmal. And the name Metallica is about as cheesy as you can get with the word metal.

+

nuff said
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by AzureNight

1. It's Megadeth.
2. Risk.
Quote by spikormikor13
1. It's Megadeth.
2. Risk.

The unit of measure is called megadeath, whereas the band is called Megadeth.

Risk was shit, but not as shit as St. Anger. Like I said, the worst Megadeth albums may have been bad/mediocre, but they just don't sink as low as the worst Metallica.
Last edited by AzureNight at Aug 17, 2006,
Risk wasn't even that bad really, yeah it was hella different, but there were some good songs on it if you actually listen to it
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I heard mustaine was a dick, but that was coming from kerry, and kerrys a dick too
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
I found it hilarious when Dimebag died and Mustaine posted a message on how he'd like to be friends again with Metallica and slayer members and how they all said **** you Mustaine.

Mustaine = crybaby
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Lots of Mustain bashing.. Why is that?

I like Megadeth allot more than Metallica..

^And Lars is an immature crybaby sometimes, too..

And, Metallica thread.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
i met dave last year at gigantour and he was a nice, down to earth guy.

i'm not saying that he couldn't be and asshole but he was chill with me
Even without Mustaine's shitty vocals, Megadeth's music is mediocre at best.

e.g. Holy Wars - most overrated thrash song ever.

Marty Friedman was the only decent thing that ever happened to Megadeth.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89

maybe in ur opinion, but some people feel the other way...

we're supposed to be talking about whether or not he co-wrote/recorded songs alongside the rest of Metallica, not whether/not his band sucks...
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by gimme_fuel_89

please enlighten me on what you consider good thrash
fhew i thought you were a noob

no problems then brother, haha my band covered darkness descends a few weeks ago
Quote by archaeon
my band covered darkness descends a few weeks ago

to you.
Quote by Tom Martin

all of this coming from a guy whos band name is porcelain doll. maybe you should be in the poison forum anyways
my love for you is ticking clock, BERZERKER
would you like to suck my ****?
BERZERKER

Poison...
Quote by TheUltimateSin

best air guitar ever
A lot of bands have really cheesy names...

But i can see how people don't like the 'deth. I, personally, do like them.
Quote by archaeon
please enlighten me on what you consider good thrash

His username is gimme fuel, which not only is an absolutely lame song, but also a sign of his ignorance to thrash and belief that Metallica are the be-all and end-all of metal.
I like them but a lot of their stuff is meh. I always liked the name though; they must have done something right if whenever a parent or whatever refers to "devil music," they say something like "YOU'D BETTER NOT BE LISTENEING TO THAT THERE GROUP MEGAETH!!!" Well...at least it's memorable.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by AzureNight
His username is gimme fuel, which not only is an absolutely lame song, but also a sign of his ignorance to thrash and belief that Metallica are the be-all and end-all of metal.

thats what i was trying to do make him look like an idiot

but he proved me wrong with his dark angel knowledge
euh you got your users mixed up archaeon. read the sequence of posts again
Quote by spikormikor13
He wrote The Mechanix but Papa Het decided to change the lyrics and add a little interlude in the middle. And he renamed it The Four Horsemen. There's a bootleg called One Last Visit that has Mustaine's demos with Metallika. Check it out.

Firstly, it isn't a bootleg, it is a demo, and secondly it's called No Life 'Til Leather.
Quote by Tom Martin

And you're band is called Porcelain Doll. Does that actually mean anything, or are you just trying to be artistic?

I think you, and you're band are a joke too.

Lookin' at a picture of Dave Mustaine: Looks like he'd kick your Linkin-Park-inspired-haircut ass (if that's you in your display pic).
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Page 1 of 2