I just got all 3 Dimarzio Evos put into my Ibanez, as some of you may already know. These things are good clean but reall, really shine with overdrive. Ca anyone reccomend a high gain amp, that isn't too expensive?
Ibanez ToneBlaster TB100H is the most underrated and bashed amp I've ever seen. Its distortion is ****ing amazing. Great for heavy stuff. I will never use another amp ever. Buy it. the head is 299.99 and so is the cab. YOU WONT REGRET IT. The clean is excellent too
how much is too expensive?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
line 6 is sweet i think, i use a line 6 spider 2. either line 6 er marshall
posted by RM_MIDNIGHT
I don't know what the **** you people are talking about, I claimed Antarctica for my self decades ago, if anybody steps on it with out my permission I'll get them!
Quote by Autumn Shadows
Ibanez ToneBlaster TB100H is the most underrated and bashed amp I've ever seen. Its distortion is ****ing amazing. Great for heavy stuff. I will never use another amp ever. Buy it. the head is 299.99 and so is the cab. YOU WONT REGRET IT. The clean is excellent too

hah.
My old guitarist -had- that amp. It sounded like a bees nest, and even his tone-deaf ass got rid of it after awhile.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Autumn Shadows

Sucks major dick. That is one of the biggest POS amps I have ever heard in my life.
Quote by xchris78

No thanks.
i cant see why everybody loves line 6's so much. there not really even that good. if you want a high gain, then i would suggest getting something with good tubes, such as the peavey 6505 half stack or combo. it sounds excellent for gain and distortion!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I like the ToneBlaster. Maybe your guitarist doesn't know how to apply SETTINGS to an amp. Maybe his sound sucks, not the amp. Don't blame the amp for a terrible guitar player.
^likewise, dont blame the guitar player for a terrible amp
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
i cant see why everybody loves line 6's so much. there not really even that good. if you want a high gain, then i would suggest getting something with good tubes, such as the peavey 6505 half stack or combo. it sounds excellent for gain and distortion!

Quote by Autumn Shadows
I like the ToneBlaster. Maybe your guitarist doesn't know how to apply SETTINGS to an amp. Maybe his sound sucks, not the amp. Don't blame the amp for a terrible guitar player.

No, you're wrong. The amp sucks.

end of thread.
Quote by xchris78

there's a moral to this quote. it's "never listen to anyone who can't spell "or"".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by electrik

awesome. you rule in this thread, electrik.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

awesome. you rule in this thread, electrik.

I rule every thread.
Quote by electrik
I rule every thread.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I hear good things about the Toneblaster cabinet, but the head...Put it this way, Ibanez should NOT make amps. Line 6 sounds decent, but very digital and unnatural. If anything I'd say go with a Peavey Valveking combo. Peavey has never been dissapointing to me, and it seems like their amps are moldable to basically any kind of sound you want (Though I haven't really even bothered deserting the settings on my XXL) Plus, the Valveking is a tube amp, and still cheap.
Wow, I star this thread this morning and in under 12 hours this...

Anywho, to be more on topic this is what I've gathered

NO-
Line 6, Ibanez ToneBlaster

Yes (?)-
Mesa F-30/50, Peavey ValveKing Combo
Quote by Autumn Shadows

i have this amp. its horrid. a real good guitar can make it sound almost mediocre. but, it sucks ass. espesially the distortion boost. uhg.
Quote by smashdpmpkn1979
I hear good things about the Toneblaster cabinet, but the head...Put it this way, Ibanez should NOT make amps. Line 6 sounds decent, but very digital and unnatural. If anything I'd say go with a Peavey Valveking combo. Peavey has never been dissapointing to me, and it seems like their amps are moldable to basically any kind of sound you want (Though I haven't really even bothered deserting the settings on my XXL) Plus, the Valveking is a tube amp, and still cheap.

You crazy?!?! They need a boost for metal!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I was tempted to aslso congratulate you electrik, but this thread is for amps!!
hahaahaha

Out of this whole thread - only a handful of amps have even bee suggested...

Here are a couple you can consider; (I know some have been mentioned already)

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40W 112 or 60W 212
Peavey XXX - combo or head
Peavey 5150/6505 - combo or head (depending on price and if you can find a 5150)
Possible a Laney - GH50L or VH100R
Mesa Boogie - F-30 or F-50 - heads or combos

If I think of any more I'll repost....

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by aznrockerdude
You crazy?!?! They need a boost for metal!

Ah true, now I remember hearing reviews saying you couldn't really get a metal tone out of the Valveking...
with the exception of fender, carvin, and maybe a few others, you should never buy an amp from a guitar company, or a guitar from an amp company. so: you should never buy an ibanez amp. they're guitars are sweet, but not the amps, etc. and when something is cheap, it's probably for a reason.

2nd the XXX
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by PapaDelicious
with the exception of fender, carvin, and maybe a few others, you should never buy an amp from a guitar company, or a guitar from an amp company. so: you should never buy an ibanez amp. they're guitars are sweet, but not the amps, etc. and when something is cheap, it's probably for a reason.

2nd the XXX

Gibson amps own. And from what I hear, high end Peavey guitars aren't too shabby. That's pretty stupid logic, Yet, true for the most part
Quote by PapaDelicious

2nd the XXX

That's retarded. Ibanez is one of the only manufacturers that fit that.
Ah true, now I remember hearing reviews saying you couldn't really get a metal tone out of the Valveking...

If you're saying that you can't get a good metal tone out of them without a good OD pedal than you're right, but if you're saying you can't get a good metal tone out of them period, you're wrong. I've got one and I use a Maxon OD-9 with it and I can get pretty good metal tones out of it. Now it obviously doesn't sound as good as more high end stuff does, but compared to other amps in its price range, it can hit pretty good metal tones if you use it along with a good Overdrive pedal.
Quote by electrik
That's retarded. Ibanez is one of the only manufacturers that fit that.

Actually no.. B.C.Rich do cheap amps...

But IMO you shouldn't buy half of their gear anyway...
Quote by Untitled001
Actually no.. B.C.Rich do cheap amps...

But IMO you shouldn't buy half of their gear anyway...

Yeah okay... but those little starter amp pack pieces of shlt don't count. You probably can't even buy them seperately.
Hey, I don't mean to attempt to hijack this thread, but I was browsing the forums for a thread that answered my question and this one is really close. So, I'll try to not create a new thread.

I'm looking for a high-gain vacuum tube amp and I have no idea what to get. I play mostly metal music. What are some amps that fit the bill? Thanks for any help.
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

http://aurora.dmusic.com
play a peavy satriani sig head,
that thing has enough high gain to please anyone and it sounds so dam sweet.
i tryed the xxx but the satriani sig was so much better.
And im not really a big satch fan so dont think im sayin this just because i like his music.I actually hate his tone on mosts songs but that dam amp on high distortion is so dam sweet.

You much try one to know what im talkin about.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
play a peavy satriani sig head,
that thing has enough high gain to please anyone and it sounds so dam sweet.
i tryed the xxx but the satriani sig was so much better.
And im not really a big satch fan so dont think im sayin this just because i like his music.I actually hate his tone on mosts songs but that dam amp on high distortion is so dam sweet.

You much try one to know what im talkin about.

The JSX almost had nearly enough gain for me.
Look at a 5150 combo on eBay.