Poll: Which Amp would you go with for metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp would you go with for metal?
Marshall MGHDFX100 Half Stack
1 3%
Marshall ATV50 Half Stack
0 0%
Peavey 6505 Half Stack
18 60%
Peavey 6505 Combo
11 37%
Voters: 30.
ok. im gettin the schecter hellraiser. i just need to decide on what amp i should get. i was originaly goin for the 6505 half stack, but then decided to go with the combo for price reasons. now i am lookin at either a marshall mghdfx100 or an atv50. i play a lot of high gain/distortion music such as metal and hardcore stuff. so which would be more fitting for the price and sound?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
the 6505. period.
the question is wether you need the power of a halfstack-
well right now i just play at home, but if and when i ever start playing gigs, i dont know if a combo will be powerful enough...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
The MG LOL!

What a fukin' retarded thread.

Get the 6505 halfstack, but with a different cab.
^ seconded.

asking whether you should get an MG or a 6505 is a bit like asking whether you should ask someone for a kick in the nads, or a nice big wad of cash.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well that definatley helps me out.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
of course, the more appropriate question is, what tones do you need?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i just need a lot of distortion and gain, but not too much to where palm muted and unmuted chords sound nearly the same, which is how i am now. when i play the notes they seem almost shallow. i can only hammer-on about once, maybe twice without losing the sound, which makes soloing a pain in the ass. this could however be my guitar.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at Aug 17, 2006,
aye, the peavey should be grand. just don't expect too great cleans...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
aight, so ill just go ahead and get the combo for now instead of wasting another thousand bucks on the half stack.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Ya just pick up a used combo on eBay, get new tubes and then a chorus.

Combo - $500+/-

Tubes - $100+/-

Chorus - $80+/-
^lol again?
BTW TS, why did you put an MG and an AVT there? o.O
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
who voted for the MG?

....ok im kind of offended that you'd even put the AVT and MG up there along with the 6505....

that is retarded.

Secondly, get the combo. you dont even gig and "if you do" then you still wont need a half stack...
(who wants to practice at their house with a halfstack?)
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
good point
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood