ibanez jk1
fender MIM strat, superstrat switching and hot rails in the bridge

takamine eg 530 sc

peavey 100 vk head w/matching 4x12 cab
planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
morley tremonti power wah
^ ditto.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by razordimeback
wayne static does well it says he uses it on the marshall website

Yes. When I think Wayne Static I automatically think tone.

Great, great tone. From a great, great player. In a great, great band.

Eric Johnson is no match for the mighty Wayne Static that's for sure.

^ so? he also has crap tone...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no. MGs are pretty bad, Im not a hardc ore tube amp fan boy, actually in a lot of ways a prefer solid state, but MGs arent even good solid state amps.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
im not a fan of tube amps in any way, but even when i played an MG for the first time, it sucked. the stupid guy at the store set me up with an MG when i wanted to test a guitar....that ass.
does MG stand for something?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Bullet FMV
I like 'em. I personally don't see much wrong with them.

Why don't you give me your CE-24?

I think you'd be just as well off with a Squier Affinity Strat.

I think MGs are great solid state amps. has anyone ever played an ibanez amp?
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
MGs are crap. The only thing they're okay for is practise. And they suck at that too. They're just plain crap. I'd just save up my money.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Quote by buddy_bomber
I think MGs are great solid state amps. has anyone ever played an ibanez amp?

Yeah, why?

They both suck.
He chose UG to post this on..

This guy's got balls...
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
He chose UG to post this on..

This guy's got balls...

Yep. He's got balls alright, to start a thread on a forum largely infested with 14 year old know-nothing sheep.

I commend him.
i actually like some SS tones for certain things (industrial metal, etc)

for cleans, its all about the tube
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
They're decent practice amps but otherwise, there are better amps out there.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
When my friend got an MG half stack I thought it was alright. I think we were just desperate to have a half stack in the band and everything. Then I moved and got my half stack (Peavey XXL/Random cabs that I switch out alot) and I should shoot myself for ever thinking that MG sounded good.
Quote by electrik

garg, beaten to it.

another excellent thread.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by KurrptSenate
i actually like some SS tones for certain things (industrial metal, etc)

for cleans, its all about the tube

not true the Roland Jazz Chorus amps are solid states and they have the best cleans i have ever heard.

and yes MGS are crap there are good solid state amps Randall makes them but mostly tube is the way to go
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
its all part of the growing process. Once you start to get an "ear" for music, you'll more than likely want a MUCH better amp
They give ss amps a bad name.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by Syn Harvest
not true the Roland Jazz Chorus amps are solid states and they have the best cleans i have ever heard.

and yes MGS are crap there are good solid state amps Randall makes them but mostly tube is the way to go

im not going to say that the particular amp you've mentioned doest have good cleans, but its widely accepted that Frender, Vox, and Mesa have amazing cleans, which i prefer, and those are all tube amp
besides the Mark and F series the mesa amps cleans are lacking. and yes i wont deny Fender and Vox have great cleans its just i think the rolands are better its all personel preference you may prefer the other
depends what cleans you're talking about too. For the chimey straight up clean, SS can do well. For the bluesy dirty clean, there really is nothing like a tube at the point of saturation. Just your picking dynamics can really effect the chime or dirt.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i like the very lush chorus sound with my cleans probably why i love the roland so much
Quote by Erock503
depends what cleans you're talking about too. For the chimey straight up clean, SS can do well. For the bluesy dirty clean, there really is nothing like a tube at the point of saturation. Just your picking dynamics can really effect the chime or dirt.

seconded.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
has anyone ever read the reviews on the MG's? That should be enough to deter anyone without even trying it out. Lots of people have had problems with a fan in the halfstack model that can cause fires. =\
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Quote by KurrptSenate
damn you are your Mark IV!

haha, can't complain about a hot rodded Fender clean.
whatup Kurrpt, long time no see.

Quote by Dave_Mc
seconded.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yea, i basically lurk around here from time to time...

getting blocked at work from my game trader site got rid of one of my viable options
In terms of a first amp its sort of a reference. You know, this know creates distortion, this effect sounds like this. But as you progress you can also hear much better sounding amps. Its not the worst amp out there, but you can get a better amp as your first amp.
Quote by KurrptSenate
yea, i basically lurk around here from time to time...

getting blocked at work from my game trader site got rid of one of my viable options

hey, at least you got access to one of the better forums.

amp clips
amp vids
...for now anyway.

It sucks not being able to make money on the side while making money at work.
Personally, I think they're decent. Yes, there are much better SS amps out there. But as long as you have an MG without problems, it's good for practicing and maybe small gigs.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by electrik
Yes. When I think Wayne Static I automatically think tone.

Great, great tone. From a great, great player. In a great, great band.

Eric Johnson is no match for the mighty Wayne Static that's for sure.

never said his tone was good, just that he uses them...
Page 1 of 2