I have a fender frontman 15g and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but I don't know if it is the lead or the amp.

I have to twist the lead and bend it to a certain position to get it to work sometimes and I've tried at least 5 leads with the amp. Surely one of the leads must work perfectly?
I know the amp is reknown for being s---t so maybe this is the cause.
I cant test the leads with another amp cos no-one near me plays guitar.

Do you if its the amp or leads which are the problem?
What do you guys know about the marshall avt50 'cos I'm thinking about getting that?

Cheers
Originally posted by HarmlessLilF*ck
im not gay or anything, but if brad pitt asked me to stick my penis in him, i probably would.
ive had that problem cause i have a fender frontman15r, but i used a different cord and it started working again
Tyler
that sounds like it is the input jack. or you happen to have 5 equally ****ty cables.

if its under warranty send it in. if its not....
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
how old are your cables? a few months ago three of my cables went out at the same exact time. they just wear out when they get old. but other than that its gotta be the input jack, or.... the input on your guitar? maybe..
where are you twisting the lead to make it work, is it consistently at one spot? If so, it's probably the jack at that location.

Quote by sotto
What do you guys know about the marshall avt50 'cos I'm thinking about getting that?

Cheers

I had the AVT100, and thought it was very overpriced for what I got. I like a lot of metal and high gain though, so it probably wasn't the best choice. I would play it first, there are a lot of other amps I would have preffered at the price I paid for mine.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 17, 2006,
How much does it cost to repair the input jack?
im not gay or anything, but if brad pitt asked me to stick my penis in him, i probably would.
Quote by sotto
How much does it cost to repair the input jack?

the input jack itself is very cheap, like $4.00 for a high quality name brand one. More than likely, it's just spun and the connection with one of the wires is starting to go. Where is it happening? If it's at the guitar, it should be an easy fix.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
It's happening at the amp input jack.
that is probably a little harder to get to. I might take it in, unless you have some experience soldering and working around circuits. There will be live caps that hold charge even after it's off, so it's best to know what you are doing, even if it's a small amp. If you are comfortable doing it, it's probably easy to repair yourself. It sounds like the post is just bent out, that seperates the tip from sleeve. It might be as easy as bending the post back in towards the jack. That is, unless they jack has spun, and is pulling a wire loose. Either way, fixable if you take your time and are careful around the open amp circuit.
amp clips
amp vids
Ok thanks for everything but I've decided it's time to get a decent amp such as roland cube 60 or something for around £200. What would you recommend?
that sounds good, play that and the Vox AD50VT, they seem to be the favorites among users here for modeling amps. What kind of music do you play?
amp clips
amp vids
i play mostly eagles, santana, srv, hendrix, los lonley boys, john mayer etc
Yeah, definitely look at the Vox AD50VT then, I think most of the non-metal players prefer it over the Cube for that kind of music. It's a nice sounding amp. You might also want to play a few of the lower priced tube amps, depeding how they are priced, just to see if you might prefer it. You could probably hit a lot of those tones with a tube amp and an OD pedal/fuzz pedal. Depends what's available where you are though.
amp clips
amp vids