problem: when I'm playing something, we'll use the MoP riff for example
----2------3
0-1--0-1-etc

whenever I lift my finger off a string that its on (the A string, in the spider riff) the open string rings.

or in the bridge part
-----19-15
-17---------17etc
my middle finger makes the B string ring.

and please don't tell me the solution is "mute the string with your palm" because I just might cry.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I'm not trying to pull off, I'm trying to lift it off without the damn thing making noise.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Don't lift your finger completely off the string just let it rest in the string it will mute it
I had the exact same problem with the MoP riff, the trick is to keep palm muting the notes. Constantly palm mute a bit and right after you hit a string push your palm down on the strings a bit harder so it mutes even more, and lift your fretting finger up while you do. It's kind of hard to explain, you have to develop a feel for this and it takes practise.

E: it could also be that your just using way to much distortion, turn the gain down a bit and slightly turn it up again every once in a while till your used to it.
yeah man... get ready to cry. the only reason the guitar is making unwanted noise is because YOU are not in full control of it. figure out ways to combine palm muting and string dampening until you get it.
much thanks to the 02er
Quote by Roc8995