I just bought the Boss compression sustainer, Im not so happy with it. I would have thought that it wouldsustain the note for a very long time... a minute? instead.. its more like 10 seconds. do you guys know another sustainer that could give me a long sustain effect
what guitar and amp do you have?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
1 minute??? When would you ever need that much sustain??

10 seconds is ample for me.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
I need it for the music I play, I use it as a backround effect, and it needs to hold out for a long time, but with this pedal its impossible
Get a Fernandes Sustainer or a Sustainiac or an Ebow.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
The guitar alone should get you somewhere up near the 10 second. Mine sustains for a while. You will have to either play with the pedal or invest more money in ^^^. I think with the Fernandes Sustainer you have to replace the neck pickup though.
Yeah, I suggest an Ebow
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I third the eBow. If you're playing the kind of music that requires minute-long sustain, you won't care about the main drawback- namely, that it takes the place of your pick...
i fourth the Ebow plus there just cool lol.

or look into rack compressors thats probably the only way
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
ooh ooh ooh!

New idea!

The Line6 Dr. Distorto has a "feedbacker" effect that can give you unlimited sustain (allegedly)

But I haven't tried it, so I don't know how true this is.
If it would suit the music that you play and you could turn the gain up a bit and so long as you play at a reasonable volume you should be able to sustain the note by facing the amp and using the feedback caused by that.