would you guys know of any really good cables that dont break easily? I always buy Monster Cable and it always breaks within a year. any cables you would recommend?
Planet waves with overmolded connectors to grip your input jack better.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Does the cable effect tone? Or is the more expensive just longer lasting?
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by Spydr

I dont know to who your directing that question. bu since my cable has been broken, it makes a crackling noise on the amp evertime I move my guitar.

thanks guys, I'll check them out
Cables effect tone, but the difference is so little hardly anyone can hear it (me included). The only reason for buying high end cables is their warranty and durability while gigging. If you just play in your bedroom and hardly gig its not worth getting a very high end cable. I recommend Monster Cable as they have a lifetime warranty. I once brought them one of my cables that was cut in half (long story involving broken tube amps and a truck) and they just replaced it no questions asked.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Leaving cables in your guitar when not in use is a big no no. That must be breaking them. I just realized that my livewire cable is noisy as hell, and I'm getting a new monster cable tomorrow.
i just buy the inhouse brand..lasted me for awhile now. I think ive had my cables for over a year now, but..even thought..i buy new cables every few months just incase one breaks...i always manage to loose a few cables tho...
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by mikeman
Leaving cables in your guitar when not in use is a big no no. That must be breaking them.

How so?
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
I'm surprised your monster cables are breaking, I figured those were the best cables out there. All what I know about cables is that you lose about 1db for every 10 feet of cable.
Quote by Spydr

Usually the expensive ones are better coated than cheaper. Better coating means that its better reflecting unwanted waves to prevent buzzing or crackling noise. I wouldnt say that it 100% affect the tone but it'll minimize or eliminate unwanted buzz that's usually occur to cheaper cables.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Sick_Boy
I'm surprised your monster cables are breaking, I figured those were the best cables out there. All what I know about cables is that you lose about 1db for every 10 feet of cable.

Monster Cables are far from being the best cables.

Most of the worlds best cables (and most expenisive cables) can be found at LavaCable
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Venom cables are every bit as good as LavaCables, and much much cheaper, if you can get them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
TS, you do realize that you can get those Monster cables replaced for free? Just bring them to a store that stocks Monster cable and have them replace it for you.