Can someone please tell me what people are doing when the use like all their fingers to do crazy tapping. I've seen Jason Becker and BucketHead do it. I can't figure it out though.Any help or examples would be appreciated.
Spongerob47
Try the intro to Building The Church by Steve Vai for an introduction and simple pattern to get you accustomed with the technique...
Not much to say. They're using a different finger to tap each strings and basically doing stuff that most of us will never be able to do well.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
basically doing stuff that most of us will never be able to do well.

Pfft. Speak for yourself... I know for a fact, anyone with enough dedication can do anything they want.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Pfft. Speak for yourself... I know for a fact, anyone with enough dedication can do anything they want.

I like to bold random words for dramatic effect.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
i belive herman li can do tap sweeps
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
Stu Hamm, Les Claypool and Satch all do these amazing multiple finger tapping solos. I'm trying to learn Midnight by Satriani and its pretty fun and challenging at the same time.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Quote by Johnljones7443
They weren't random.

Don't worry, I understand you.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Intro to Hot for teacher by Van Halen is also a multiple finger tap ascension pattern
hue
Midnight and intro of bamboo, both by Joe Satriani is the perfect example of that technique. If you want learn it i suggest you to start with midnight cause the easy pattern but great's sounding.