Page 1 of 3
Im a big rusty cooley fan i listen to his solo album all the time and im exited for his band Outworld's debut album to come out. does anyone know any details on when it will be out. also feel free to talk about anything rusty cooley or outworld related in this thread.
Album is released October 23rd.

http://www.outworldband.com
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

hasn't Outworld already released an album or 2 yet?

But anyways, I really love Cooley's solo album. Kicks so much ass from here to tomorrow

Dark Matter ftw!
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by Shreddin 4 Life
hasn't Outworld already released an album or 2 yet?

But anyways, I really love Cooley's solo album. Kicks so much ass from here to tomorrow

Dark Matter ftw!

Not that I know of. This should be their first album released.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

I just have a question about Cooley in general (no intentional flaming)

Are his studio songs any better than his video demos that are out there?
When I watch those, I just can't hear the melody because of the sweeps sound like a video game. How do his CDs compare to the shredding I see on the vids?
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
Quote by 5150)Ed(5150

When I watch those, I just can't hear the melody because of the sweeps sound like a video game. How do his CDs compare to the shredding I see on the vids?

Ofcourse they are. Rusty's the product, the videos are the commercials.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by 5150)Ed(5150

Well he's only released one album. But he's released countless videos/audio for lessons, etc. His first album didn't have crazy budget so the it wasn't at the highest extent of quality, but is still awesome. The Outworld album looks like it will be for a much bigger audience then Rusty's first album. Also he can sweep pretty melodic sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzuXyXQ0IHo

See.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

yea in his videos he is usually showing off and sometimes he sounds unmelodic but his cd is great. he really wrote some good stuff on it and his technique is flawless
REALLY looking foward to the Outworld album. Rusty plays quite a bit of rhythm too from what I hear, so that should be pretty interesting.
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."
Yeah. I wouldn't look for another solo album though.

Outworld is his priority.

A killer priority at that.
I really love Rusty's solo album, the rhythme is awesome and pumping and the lead just makes you want to go slay a dragon and bed a woman. Adrenaline filled, great for listening to before cross country and track. I can't wait for the Outworld album to come out.
I have nothing to put in here.
I've just been on the dean website and they've got on of outworlds songs on the Deans artist playlist thingy. (The Never- tis cool)

But when did Rusty become a Dean artist? I've only ever seen him with his Jacksons and Ibanez's.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's been a short while.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've just been on the dean website and they've got on of outworlds songs on the Deans artist playlist thingy. (The Never- tis cool)

But when did Rusty become a Dean artist? I've only ever seen him with his Jacksons and Ibanez's.

They just signed him not that long ago. They already made him a prototype. He should have his signature 7 string out by like January.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

man has anyone seen him play guitar keyboard style? What a legato technique....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
man has anyone seen him play guitar keyboard style? What a legato technique....

?! I haven't! You have a link? I would love to see something like that.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

he plays with it on his lap pedal-steel-style in legato. It's fookin crazy:

Rusty Cooley: legato God
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
the facial expressions in that vid
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.

yeah I know

but what I wonder is whether or not he knows what he's playing, or if he's randomizing notes?
Quote by TheUltimateSin

best air guitar ever
Quote by Shreddin 4 Life

yeah I know

but what I wonder is whether or not he knows what he's playing, or if he's randomizing notes?

One of the comments says that it was off of one of his columns and was more of a bonus lick.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Quote by Godly Moose
One of the comments says that it was off of one of his columns and was more of a bonus lick.

wtf!!! man, he really is the Legato God then

all hail Rusty Cooley:God of Legato
Quote by TheUltimateSin

best air guitar ever
Alright I'm putting in some bumpage, because the album is coming out really soon. Anyone else getting it?
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

i dont know....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
cooley is deffinatly a master technician, nd i rele wanna hear soem of his more melodic stuff, anyone have any links?
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Quote by zebrahead234
cooley is deffinatly a master technician, nd i rele wanna hear soem of his more melodic stuff, anyone have any links?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVec549bpk
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

It'll be interesting and something I might buy, but it won't be anything that I'll sleep outside of a CD store for 16 hours to buy the second that it's released.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Ummm... I think the CD has been pushed back... again. It's now the 10th of November I think.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Quote by mrmo
No, its November 13th

Oops, thank you.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

From what I have read, this is not the first time the release of the CD has been delayed. First time I heard of outworld they said that the cd was going to be released in April or something like that. Suddently it was October and then it was November.
Maybe this CD will end up as Chinese Democracy
(Just kidding. Or am I? )
Quote by mrmo
From what I have read, this is not the first time the release of the CD has been delayed. First time I heard of outworld they said that the cd was going to be released in April or something like that. Suddently it was October and then it was November.
Maybe this CD will end up as Chinese Democracy
(Just kidding. Or am I? )

This is the... 4-7th they've done this I believe.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HpEoqcQ6JU&mode=related&search=
Am I correct to believe that Rusty is playing his new Dean sig. model there?
EDIT: Nevermind : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4Gsd7UmpM&NR
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Scorzerci at Oct 16, 2006,
Just pre-ordered the CD.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Hahaha dude Rusty is my TEACHER!!!~!!!! dude he is so bad ass its not even funny. His technique is just great man....
Quote by CodeMonk
Get arrested with a hooker (a real female one, not a fake).

check out this sweet shred mayneeeee

THIS IS ME
You lucky **** you... I don't even have a teacher right now, not enough time. Foocking IB!
how is IB? i was think about doin it
Quote by CodeMonk
Get arrested with a hooker (a real female one, not a fake).

check out this sweet shred mayneeeee

THIS IS ME
Quote by THE KING120
how is IB? i was think about doin it

It probably depends on the teachers, but for me, I get home from running, play guitar for 5 minutes, then start my homework right after that at about 4:30 then finish at 10:30, then wake up again to go to school at 6:50 to IB psych. Also say goodbye to sundays, as well as part of saturday and/or friday. Yeah... it's pretty tough, but hopefully worth it in the end. Of course, I'm taking 7 IB classes, including zero hour, you don't need to take that many.
Page 1 of 3