Other than using books (my teacher rlly likes me and is switching me to a rock series of books) how can i get good and be able to write decent rock fast? ive been playin for 6 months, i know the basics, and i understand the concept of basically everything, im gonna learn trip.'s soon. i just purchased a complete guide to play rock guitar and lead guitar speed mechanics, my band is all n00bs, so i wanna write stuff for us. ty very much

(if you dont understand what the fuck i just said, im wondering how i can learn to write rock good, fast)
well man I hate to break it to ya but that all just takes time, it takes time for u to "get to know" ur guitar well enough that u can pick it up and create ur own ****.
lmao

a typical young guitarist that wants to be a rockstar haha.

But yeah, it takes alot of time.

And no, Im sure you don't know the concept of everything.

If you do, then you would know how to write music because, it just comes.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Quote by esp_shredder
lmao

a typical young guitarist that wants to be a rockstar haha.

But yeah, it takes alot of time.

And no, Im sure you don't know the concept of everything.

If you do, then you would know how to write music because, it just comes.

rofl lol, not like musical theory, i understand the concept of scales and triplets and chord progressions etcetera etcetera... not i can play it all! rofl
just learn band covers and easy songs that you play all the way through to. Nirvana's smells like teen spirit is a good easy beginner song, Greenday. Learn diffeernt patterns and alternate pickings and barre chords and stuf like that and eventually just try putting it all together and it'll be fairly easy.
Quote by dj_brooks22
just learn band covers and easy songs that you play all the way through to. Nirvana's smells like teen spirit is a good easy beginner song, Greenday. Learn diffeernt patterns and alternate pickings and barre chords and stuf like that and eventually just try putting it all together and it'll be fairly easy.

rofl barre chords? i think not, power chords? **** YEAH! anyway, i can put it together i just cant get it to sound like rock:
\/ not the 2 3 rd fret
4II02-IIIII2302-IIIIIIII
5IIIIIII32IIIIIIIII32IIII
6IIIIIIIIIII32IIIIIIII320
^string numbers
-equals hold note longer. play this, with distortion and tell me its rock :P
Last edited by Arlabester at Aug 18, 2006,
Quote by Arlabester
rofl barre chords? i think not, power chords? **** YEAH! anyway, i can put it together i just cant get it to sound like rock:
\/ not the 2 3 rd fret
4II02-IIIII2302-IIIIIIII
5IIIIIII32IIIIIIIII32IIII
6IIIIIIIIIII32IIIIIIII320

-equals hold note longer. play this, with distortion and tell me its rock :P

WHat are you talking about? That post makes NO sense. They key to writing any type of music, is a solid understanding of theory. Scales, modes, the circle of 5ths, etc.
dude liek omgz what i was talking about is i wont use barre chords (prolly not) and that thing is a riff i wrote...
Nice.

edg - Check out the bridge I just wrote to that riff and let me know what you think:

92881////1\\\95/////6612

Play that with distortion and a wah pedal. Amp at 11.

Yeahhh.
Could you tab it out? Maybe we could help you then...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Quote by tobiasosir
Could you tab it out? Maybe we could help you then...

i dont know how to do the code thing,and im not gonna post the power tab
Tab's not too hard...it's basically a picture of what the fretboard looks like. If you're fretting the E string on the first, third, and fifth fret respectively, your tab will look like this:

|------------
|------------
|------------
|------------
|------------
|--1--3--5--

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the stuff you wrote further up means...it's all just numbers.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
I---------------------------------
I---02--------2302------------
I--------32-----------32-------
I-----------32-----------320---

there happy? the 2302 is 2-3-0-2 just pretty fast, play with distortion