alright ive been playing for 3 years now, im prett intermediate as my playing goes but ive just recently started getting into theory and modes and what not and trying to get a better ear. but anyway ive figured out basically what i need to learn

how to read music
figure out all the notes on the neck
ear training
learn alot more chords and all their positions
learning more scales and modes and their different postions over the neck

now i know what i need to learn but how do i go about learning most of these things
im getting a new guitar teacher soon and most internet lessons i guess help but not to thurow from what iv looked at.
Depends how fast you want to learn them

If you want to learn them right now, go print off a few pages of scales and modes, and sit there for 6 hours repeatedly playing them and memorizing them.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
While you can learn a lot of those different things on the Internet, it's good that you're getting a teacher.

For the most part, music reading is pretty simple, but it's definitely good to have somebody who knows what they're doing supervise you to make sure you know what you're doing, so you don't get into any bad habits that you end up getting stuck in.
well im not a complete idiot with theory stuff im just not very efficient with it ive been self taught basically until a few months ago so i learned how to play just didnt learn the behind the scenes to what i was playing haha. but yeah ill look at those lessons and im getting a jazz or classical teacher im not sure which one yet.
How To Read Music - Buy a book full of sheet music that's easy to play. Read EVERY SINGLE page of it and play it. The more you read, the better you get. Another idea is to get a notebook of blank sheet music and write out tons of scales. If you do that you get used to telling where notes are.

Figure Out All The Notes On The Neck - Start with the low E string and figure out where A B C D E F G are on that string. Go over it for a week or more until you know where those notes are on that string by heart. Then go to the next string, and the next.

Ear Training - Specifically what kind of ear training do you want?

Learn Alot More Chords And All Their Positions - Go to a local music shop and buy a decent sized guitar chord book with hundreds of different voicings and such. Go through that book and learn as much as you can.

Learning More Scales And Modes And Their Different Postions Over The Neck - Search on the web. Learn major, natural minor (aeolian), harmonic minor, melodic minor, major pentatonic, minor pentatonic scales, and your major scale modes and you should be set. If you know your fretboard well enough, you should be able to figure out the different positions with ease.

- yEsTeRdAy`
Quote by yEsTeRdAy`
How To Read Music - Buy a book full of sheet music that's easy to play. Read EVERY SINGLE page of it and play it. The more you read, the better you get. Another idea is to get a notebook of blank sheet music and write out tons of scales. If you do that you get used to telling where notes are.

Figure Out All The Notes On The Neck - Start with the low E string and figure out where A B C D E F G are on that string. Go over it for a week or more until you know where those notes are on that string by heart. Then go to the next string, and the next.

Ear Training - Specifically what kind of ear training do you want?

Learn Alot More Chords And All Their Positions - Go to a local music shop and buy a decent sized guitar chord book with hundreds of different voicings and such. Go through that book and learn as much as you can.

Learning More Scales And Modes And Their Different Postions Over The Neck - Search on the web. Learn major, natural minor (aeolian), harmonic minor, melodic minor, major pentatonic, minor pentatonic scales, and your major scale modes and you should be set. If you know your fretboard well enough, you should be able to figure out the different positions with ease.

- yEsTeRdAy`

thanks, basically with the ear training i want to be able to figure out songs without refering to tabs i can somewhat now but i need to get a tun better
Here's a good idea for you. It works better with a piano but anywho...

This is going to teach you how to hear different intervals and such. Start with the C Major Scale. Play a C, and then the 2nd note of the C Major Scale (D). Listen to them. Memorize it. Think of a song that has an interval like that in it (Like the beginning of Mary Had A Little Lamb). Then do the same with the 3rd note, and the 4th, blah blah blah.

When you've gone through all the notes, try this out. Play a C then play a random note in the C Major Scale (this part only works with a piano). Try and guess what that interval is. When finished with guessing, play a bunch of random notes to get the intervals out of your head for a moment, then repeat the process again.

Now how is this going to help? This will help you hear what chord the song goes to next so you can figure out the structure of the song. Figuring out the structure will then lead to melody transcription and so on.

For melody transcription, you'll just have to listen to it over and over until you figure it out. You get better at it over time. Or if you listen to the melody and it sounds like the guitarist is staying inside a certain scale, then use only that scale. If the melody sounds kinda happy, try out major scales. If it's sad, try out some minor scales.

I think this should give you a good start. And I'm sure your teacher can help you out a lot more then I can haha. So, Good luck!

-yEsTeRdAy`
Learning chords is retarded. What I mean by that is, don't learn each single chord individually, such as out of a chord book. Learn how chords are built, and what their names tell you. That way, you avoid learning 3000+ chords. Getting lessons helps, I think Im going to write an article about it sometime.

You can do the same thing for scales. There are something like 6-8 different postions that work for every single scale, so you dont have to learn each one.

Also, to get your skills up, always just keeping learning things just outside your ability over and over and over, always. Getting better takes time, so don't think it'll take just a little time.
P.S. DONT GET A CHORD BOOK THEY ARE FULL OF ****. Its a lot of work for nothing, and you don't really learn anything. By learning how chords are named and made, you do a little work and will be able to play any chord by looking at its name.
finally, someone who understands that there is a better way to learn chords rather than memorizing every bloody chord shape instead of learning the notes
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.