I got Riffworks but it wont let me record and save the file unless I buy something. So I got audacity and I dont know how to get it to read my Pod any advice? Is there another program I need or something? I am using USB BTW.

Thanks in advance, Potforty2
DL Line 6 monkey off the line6 website, and it'll have you install the drivers. Then go to audacity, and make the POD the default device in preferences.

http://line6.com/monkey
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
make sure you have all the drivers for it, and it's recognized by windows. Next, go into Audacity, under File->Preferences - Audio tab, and make sure it's selected as the recording device. You can also set the podxt as the playback device if you want it to hear it thru the Podxt headphone jack.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
make sure you have all the drivers for it, and it's recognized by windows. Next, go into Audacity, under File->Preferences - Audio tab, and make sure it's selected as the recording device. You can also set the podxt as the playback device if you want it to hear it thru the Podxt headphone jack.

Yep. I thought I was the only POD owner here

Great tool for young, aspiring, broke musicians like me
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

Thanks it records. Now I cant hear the backing tracks while I record how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
Quote by POTFORTY2
Thanks it records. Now I cant hear the backing tracks while I record how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Go to

Control Panel > Sound Speech and Audio Devices

And then choose the POD as the default playback device.

Quote by S0ulja23
Yep. I thought I was the only POD owner here

Great tool for young, aspiring, broke musicians like me

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
K I got that working. What can I do to make the sound quality better? I just bought the Pod and hooked it up to my computer so maybe a new sound card? I dunno much about recording.
Im getting my paycheck today it should be roughly 100$, so what will boost my POD's performance in that price range? What about a compressor?