Page 1 of 4
The title says it all. What great metal albums have one or two songs that are complete shit? And, of course, what are the songs?

For me,

Metallica- The Thing That Should Not Be. Just, bleh.
Darkthrone- Skald Av Satans Sol. Laughably stupid riffs.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Dawn Patrol from Megadeth's Rust In Piece. Piece of crap. And they got that **** streaming on the Gigantour website - WHY?!
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Behind the Smile on Wages of Sin by Arch Enemy
Originally posted by Phoenixblade
RedHotRevolver, you're a better person than I.
Quote by LedZeppelin
The title says it all. What great metal albums have one or two songs that are complete shit? And, of course, what are the songs?

For me,

I dunno, I really enjoy The Thing That Should Not Be. It's the only song on that album that uses a different tuning!

If I had to pick a "crap" song off of MoP, it would have to be Damage Inc....
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
"FAllen Angel" on Iron Maiden's Brave New World .. .terrible song

And "Fiasco" off of Annihilators king of the kill
Its all a matter of opinions man. If anything from MoP I would say Leper Messiah, that song is boring and crap.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Dragonforce - Heart of a Dragon

Damn, what a horrible way to end the album. I mean, I know hetero metal isn't exactly their strong point, but that song is SO gay. It does have some cool soloing, though. Some others that I always thought of as the outcast tracks:

Jag Panzer - Cold and Hidden in My Eyes (gaaaaay)
Amon Amarth - Masters of War (boring compared to the rest of the album)
Dark Tranquility - Dry Run and Am I 1? (same as AA. "Dry Run" is an ironic title, eh?)
12:97:24:99 is a terrible song by mudvayne from the end of all things to come if any of you have heard it...oh wait you haven't, because its 11 seconds of silence!
Quote by pavel
12:97:24:99 is a terrible song by mudvayne from the end of all things to come if any of you have heard it...oh wait you haven't, because its 11 seconds of silence!

Wrong forum.
Quote by Shreddin 4 Life

If I had to pick a "crap" song off of MoP, it would have to be Damage Inc....

Haha that's my favorite track.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Wrong forum.

Good call.

Quote by Tsunekuni
Slayer - Reborn
Testament - Seven Days Of May
Annihilator - Stonewall
Exodus - Overdose

You suck.
Overdose is an AC/DC cover, Exodus are notorius are for covering AC/DC.. S'a worthy addition to the album.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
I know(And enjoy most of their AC/DC covers). But it's just so...meh to me, and I like AC/DC.

^Speaking of Slayer: Expendable Youth for the lose.

I kinda liked that track.
Dragonforce - Heart of a Dragon

PROUD AND SO GLORIOUS
STANDING BEFORE OF US
OUR SWORDS WILL SHINE BRIGHT IN THE SKY
WHEN UNITED WE COME
TO THE LAND OF THE SUN
WITH THE HEART OF A DRAGON WE RIDE

hahahaha
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Is this any less cheesy than the typical dragonforce song? haha.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by frozen-dirt
^Speaking of Slayer: Expendable Youth for the lose.

I liked that song.

</3.
Dragonforce song 2- end on all albums, though most times you can't tell where one ends and the other begins.

But what about the opposite way around, what about great tracks on ****ty albums?
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
^ The Philosopher ftw, though the rest of ITP loses.
Quote by HuckIt
man before i even looked at this thread i was gonna put "the thing that should not be". the title suggests exactly what should have happened/
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Speaking of the MoP at the beginning, the only "crap" song is really leper messiah, but really its one of the heavier songs.
"Severed Head Stoning" on the Wretched spawn, that song sucks ass. When Heaven Burns is also a pretty shit track.
The Sex Pistols cover on "So Far, So Good, So What." So horrible. Great album otherwise.
^^^ +1.

I don't know anything about punk, but I don't mind the original version of that song. I'm not really sure why they decided to play that song live, either.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Quote by LedZeppelin

Same for me. Boring as hell...

Quote by Magero
For me, Criminally Insane off of reign in blood is really dull aswell.

No way. I think that's definately one of the better tracks. Piece By Piece is the weak one for me.

Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness from Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is one that comes to mind.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Strapping Young Lad - "Info Dump"

Seriously, what the hell was that?

lol I'm pretty sure they delivered what they advertised (all puns intended).

And to Led Zeppeling, I'm not a big fan of "The thing that should not be" either

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Sepultura - "The Hunt"
meh I never liked this song I think it's a cover thought.
Quote by LedZeppelin

O HELLS NO
I like that one.

"FAllen Angel" on Iron Maiden's Brave New World .. .terrible song

Everyone hates that song. I can't se why, I rather like it. Sure it ain't great (to be Maiden), but I still enjoy it.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
O HELLS NO
I like that one.

+ 1, thats one of my favourite songs on that album.

Todewaltzer by Windir (1184)

I liked the song at first, but now it seems absolutely terrible compared to the rest of the album.
Quote by deadskinmask

No way. I think that's definately one of the better tracks. Piece By Piece is the weak one for me.

That song is awesome, IMO. The chromatic intro riff where it goes into is just awesome, and it's even better when they speed it up and play it in the middle of the song.

^ The Philosopher ftw, though the rest of ITP loses.

I liked ITP.
I absolutely hate Dragonforce - Heart of a Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Children of Bodom - You're Better Off Dead, just ruins HCDR for me.
Pantera - Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills.
Strapping Young Lad - Fucker.
Slayer - Blood Red, that riff is just so... un-Slayer.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Pantera - Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills.

how could you!! lol nah kidding. That track was somewhat odd, but I like it for whatever reason.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
man before i even looked at this thread i was gonna put "the thing that should not be". the title suggests exactly what should have happened/

That's my favourite song on the album...

No cookie for you!
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Iron Maiden - Face in the Sand (The double bass pedal does my head in)
Emperor - A Fine Day to Die (arghhhhhhhh)
Nile - I Whisper In The Ear of The Dead (It tries too hard to be creepy and just fails)
Amon Amarth - Metalwrath (I lol'd)
Nevermore - Evolution 169 (hmmmm)
Page 1 of 4