woudl a fender mustang be good for playing punk? thanks
my top bands: The Adicts, The Misfits, The Ramones, G.B.H., |SUB|HUM|ANS|, Black Flag,
Dead kennedys, Monster squad, A Global Threat
Probally. There good for a lot of things. But what kind of punk? Modern post-grunge poppunk, emopunk, 80's punk, london punk?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by False_God
ya it would suit it fine, what are the pick-ups?

There fender singles based somewhat on the older origional mustnag Pup's, but a little better made.

Yes. Any guitar works for punk.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Punk is as much about attitude as gear. Johnny Thunders played an old Falcon that wouldn't stay in tune but he played the balls off that guitar.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Yeah, well for more mdoern punk sounds put something like a Hot rail in the bridge
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
My advice, get the mustang and dont get any high gain pups. The singles will have enough attitude for punk! What amp do you have?
The Mustang is perfect. Short neck too, which makes playing an absolute joy. If I get the cash together, one of them is mine. Have you tried a Cyclone 2 yet. Kind of similar but with 3 Jaguar pickups. Also slightly less expensive but just as good, except every one i've played had poorly finished frets hanging over the fretboard.
Ya the cyclone is sweet, I'd love to get that but the body seems out of ratio to the neck/head i think....but still...
Quote by Mudder
Punk is as much about attitude as gear. Johnny Thunders played an old Falcon that wouldn't stay in tune but he played the balls off that guitar.

holy crap....another person who actually knows who Johnny Thunders is
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Jhonny thunder rocked! Punk really is about attuide. Aslong as you got the balls you can play punk with decent gear. The stang is perfect.

Matters what kind of punk you're playing. If you're playing the Clash, you'll be fine, but you might want something else if you're gonna be playing Agnostic Front.