Hey...
I'm going to get my first guitar pedal pretty soon and I have NO idea what to get. I am looking for something that's 100 dollars or less
I was thinking of a distortion pedal but is there something more important I should get?

Here are some inspirations:
John Mayer
Rage Against the Machine (Tom)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Weezer
yeah my 1st was a distortion, i think its a good 1st pedal get one thats versatile though if its your first pedal you dont want a single-sound pedal
john mayer!? isnt that roger mayer?

$100? Boss DS-1.

most versatile...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Last edited by km-r at Aug 18, 2006,
I don't remember exactly how much I payed for mine, and how much it'd be for around now, but Visual Sound's Jekyll and Hyde distortion/overdrive pedal has been a great pedal for me, for quite some time now. It's very versatile, and the amount of sounds you can get with it are astounding, along with the fact that you can easily switch between three different sounds with just your foot.

I definitely recommend it, and if it's a little over 100$, I'd suggest spending the extra cash to buy it, because it's something you'll use non stop.

And no, I don't work for Visual Sound

Edit:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-Jekyll-Hyde-Ultimate-Overdrive?sku=151681

It's $139, and I definitely recommend paying the extra $40 for it.
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
Last edited by deslni01 at Aug 18, 2006,
^ paid advertisement!

jk...!
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Boss DS-1 is a great pedal to start with. I mean, almost every modern rock band uses distortion. It's going to be the pedal you use the most.

If you want a fun pedal that will get you Tom Morello sounds, get the Whammy. He uses it ALL the time.
Danelectro has a line of pedals that are inexpensive and named after food products. Don't know how they are, I've never sued one, but I've heard they're pretty good...except you should also get the power source, they eat batteries. They're around 60 bucks in Canada, I think, you can also get packages that have three or five pedals I think. Musicians Ftriend has a pack of five for 150...that would be good value, and you'll get all the pedals you need for a long while...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.