So I picked up the Toneport UX2 today and its all working well with gearbox and the programs it came with. I have 1 jack from guitar to toneport and another from amp to phones. The problem is when I record. What I play is recorded, the only problem is when wanting to playback my recording, it comes out of my amp and not from my pc speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Current Equipment:

Ibanez SZ 520
Peavey Bandit Selling
Pro Co Turbo RAT Selling
Digitech RP300A Selling

PM For Details.
The Toneport is NOT meant to be put in front of an amp. It's essentially an external computer sound card. You have to plug either headphones or speakers into it to hear what you're doing.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
The Toneport is NOT meant to be put in front of an amp. It's essentially an external computer sound card. You have to plug either headphones or speakers into it to hear what you're doing.

Thanks man. I was using my amp as a speaker to hear what I was actually recording. I guess I was doing wrong. Thanks again.
Current Equipment:

Ibanez SZ 520
Peavey Bandit Selling
Pro Co Turbo RAT Selling
Digitech RP300A Selling

PM For Details.
Quote by Crunchmeister

I think you are misunderstanding him. It sounds like he is just using his amp as a speaker and having a cable going from an analog out on the toneport to a cd/speaker input or something like that on his amp.

This is fine, but if you want it to play out of your computer speakers there is probably some setting somewhere to set the playback device. I use audacity so I'm not exactly sure what it is in cubase but thats what I have to do if I want it to play out my computer speakers.

If you ask in the recording forum you could probably get better answers.
Quote by bmw8719
I think you are misunderstanding him.

Don't think so. I don't think you read the threadstarter's reply before replying. We both said the same thing essentially. I'm just pointing out how the Toneport was intended to be used - as your working sound card with your recording software. That's the best and easiest way to connect it.

Quote by headrulz101
Thanks man. I was using my amp as a speaker to hear what I was actually recording. I guess I was doing wrong. Thanks again.

You technically can use your Toneport in front of the amp like an effects unit to play guitar, but it isn't really meant to be used like that. I've done that with my Guitar Port several times, and it works and is fun to play with. But when using it to record, don't use the guitar amp and just connect some speakers to the Toneport's outputs.

You can usually switch what sound card your're monitoring from in your recording software. But with my experience with both CoolEdit Pro and Cakewalk Sonar, I find you get stuttering and latency issues when using a different sound card to capture and play back. I'm assuming that the same would be true with CuBase. And with Rifftracker, you simply can't use another output device, and it's tied to the piece of hardware you have it registered with. In your case, Rifftracker will only work with YOUR Toneport.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Aug 18, 2006,
Yeah, the only way I can get my Toneport recordings outside my headphones is by a.) uploading them to My Music folder, or b.) plugging my PC speakers into the Toneport itself.
I finally got the sound out of my speakers using Cool Edit Pro but I have another problem now. The sound quality isn't very good. Any way to solve this problem. Drivers?
Soundcards?
Current Equipment:

Ibanez SZ 520
Peavey Bandit Selling
Pro Co Turbo RAT Selling
Digitech RP300A Selling

PM For Details.