I play Carcass, Arch Enemy kind of stuff. This thing any good? Also, any particular reason they don't have it on the Sam Ash, Guitar Center, or Musician's friend websites? Bout hos much does it cost? Does it come with the footswitch?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Last edited by Cone 21 at Aug 18, 2006,
Sadly, I'm 13 and my parents despise getting anything online. Thing is, this is like the third time I've been recommended one, so I'll save up for a LONG LONG time then.
Quote by grampastumpy
Sadly, I'm 13 and my parents despise getting anything online. Thing is, this is like the third time I've been recommended one, so I'll save up for a LONG LONG time then.

If you can afford the XXX combo which is like 800 bucks new, just save up a little long and you'll have a professional amp that will get all the tones you want, just takes time my man.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by grampastumpy
Also, any particular reason they don't have it on the Sam Ash, Guitar Center, or Musician's friend websites? Bout hos much does it cost? Does it come with the footswitch?

Guitar Center isn't a Peavey dealer. I don't think Sam ash is either. Musicians friend has the 40 watt XXX 112 combo but not the head or 212. Not sure why they don't. Talk your parents into a 5150/6505 combo on ebay. You will be happier.
I wish I could get a job now. I am getting a job teaching computers at a local place but not sure how much it pays. Ok, it's going to be a few years of saving birthday and Christmas money and stuff. I'm 100% convinced a 6505 is the way to go. Any non-lawn-mowing ideas you guys have for earning money?

Wow, it's going to be tough explaining to my parents why I want a $1200 amp...
You could get a used combo for like $500. Would be a lot easier to explain that to your parents.
I guess if I tell my parents I can get a $1200 amp for $500 they'll be ok with it. But I think it would be hard to find one anywhere other than the internet. That might be hard.

Anyway, anyone know exactly what the knobs are? I've never seen a picture of the combo's knobs, only the frontside. I'd be nice to know what knobs it has.
It has the same controlls as the 6505/5150 amp head I think.
Quote by grampastumpy
I guess if I tell my parents I can get a $1200 amp for $500 they'll be ok with it. But I think it would be hard to find one anywhere other than the internet. That might be hard.

Just don't buy stuff from people with negative or 0 feedback.

And I'm 14 and convinced my parents to buy on ebay.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The XXX has effects and a good thrash metal to tool distortion
6505 is a wee bit more aggressive than the 5150 and the cleans aren't the greatest
the 5150 has Balls, the famous brown sound from EVH, and great overall tone.

I really want to play through a JSX, i've never tried it, but hey if its good enough for satriani, its good enough for chuck norris.

My experiece with peavey amps, pinch harmonics are very easy to do, i dunno why, i can pull them off much easier on a peavey. The gain is more searing and less crunch/chunk. They all are muddy when you scoop them to extreme extents, i'd suggest Mid boosting for the Eq
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio