Wow, you guys are really immature, and the whole "nut" joke is the worst joke ever.

You should be able to paint it, but all the string contact is bound to scratch a lot of the paint off over time.
if you paint it, use chunks of old strings to fill the slots so (almost) no paint gets in there. you might want to rough up the surface of the nut with a fine sandpaper to help the paint stick better.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
if you paint it, use chunks of old strings to fill the slots so (almost) no paint gets in there. you might want to rough up the surface of the nut with a fine sandpaper to help the paint stick better.

Hahahaha... I have nothing better to do
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
my nuts are already blue? is that wrong
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Damn, I wanted to make all those jokes at once.

But seriously, yeah, but the paint will come off where the strings rub against it, and you may have fun getting it back in without taking the paint off.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
the paint in the slots will dampen tone so do what was already suggested and put the strings in the nut so that the stings can make direct contact with the nut.
Not taking any online orders.
I'd rather paint my taint....
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I like my nuts to be skin color, i don't get why you people want nuts to be blue or green or purple or colorful, i like it real, go skin color nuts.
Quote by GuitarFret18
^I was wondering if painting it will affect tone. Has anyone ever painted theirs?

I've not painted mine but did we really have to know what you do in your spare time?
we've had this joke already. Also i think you put the "e" and the "h" the wrong way round when u spelled "the"
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."