Ok, so I'm putting a band together(well, same people different drummer, thinking about adding a keyboardist) and we're probably going to try to get some gigs in a few months. with the equipment I have now (Epi SG, digitech Df-7, Ibanez Toneblast-25w)Theres no way I can play a gig with out a P.A wich we don't have. So I'm job hunting so I can get some cash for new gear. The shops in my city carry Randall, Krank, Marshall, Genz Benz, and Peavey. Any suggestions? Oh yeah we play stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Children of Bodom, and Judas Priest. You guys know more about amps than I do, any suggestions? Price is no option.
Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
no mesa or bogner? lol
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
lol, well I've never played either brand as I don't have access to them but I could probably order them. I was thinking about a Dual Recto but I heard that the electronics were a little touchy. And I don't know anything about Bogner. So fill me in! :p

Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
well ima noob id say but if your lookin for some good distortion a bogner uberschall should do it w/o a pedal same goes for a dual recto jus my input the mesa is cheaper though i think
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by Ka$h
no mesa or bogner? lol

You don't need a mesa or bog for good tone, Peavey's are awesome affordable amps, for high gain tone the 5150 competes with the best.
I was never a big randall fan, the solid state amps were fizzy and mediocore, and I wont reccomend Krank to anyone(but if you like it, cool, im not going to tell you what to like). Genz Benz makes awesome amps, I've never spent a lot of time with one but I know they're high quality. Marshall is classic, still great amps, if that's the sound your going for, awesome. A hot rodded Marshall will always be the shit
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Hmmmmm, how does one go about hot-rodding a Marshall? And what's wrong with Krank?Please tell me.

Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
^ I think theres nothing wrong with kranks ... but I do admit that you'd only get metal tones out of them, I would only think of a professional guitarist buying one.
I would recomend buying a combo;

1) Its easier to transport than a head and cab
2) You save money byy not needing to buy a cab
3) Usually you won't need to gig with a half stack, some venues may be to small (IE volume and stage space).

For metal I would recomend the Peavey 5150's, but visit a few stores & guitar centres and try a few amps out.
P.S Most venues should have their own P.A system
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Aug 18, 2006,
Got it!

Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
^ heh
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
peavey 6505

GREAT thrash tone
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
thanks
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne