Hey, I have a Epiphone Les Paul Special II that I'm pretty happy with but want to customize it a bit, I liked the idea of EMG's but read in an other post it's a bad idea, what pickups do you think will be best for my guitar? I like metal, death metal, old school rock that sort of thing.

cheers
from what i know, duncans are more for hard rock, blues, rock, dimarzios are more for metal and shred and bareknuckles are awesome at everything, thou i think karl sanders uses a SD invader
Quote by Alexander_BR
from what i know, duncans are more for hard rock, blues, rock, dimarzios are more for metal and shred and bareknuckles are awesome at everything, thou i think karl sanders uses a SD invader

I Think Karl Sanders uses a Duncan Distortion (SH-6)
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
My favourite pickups are EMG 81/85 and Seymour Duncan alnico 2 and Gibson burstbuckers. If you want EMG's then get them. Not sure how it would sound on a les paul special 2 but on Standards and customs etc they sound great.
I know you wanted Pup ideas, but I really sugest you save up and get a guitar not made out of plywood and agathis.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.