there isnt one, really, unless you mean the 2 heads in a rack?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
^^^ while thats helpfull, his setup has grown alot, and i've seen his huge pedalboard. but i'd say a key part is having 2 delays set for different times. plus his sig amp/guitar/ and his hands.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Ya you need his hands. Those would be hard to get and even if you did, all you could do it poke people with the limp fingers and they would probably smell after a while of use considering they aren't attached to Joe anymore.

I think that his hands are probably his biggest thing after amp and maybe guitar.
The tone is in the fingers.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
yep.most of his tone. his lead tone is from his fingers. i hate satchs rythmn tone though. mainly on surfing with the alien. just sounds so thin.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Zen_Zepplin
The tone is in the fingers.

None of his tone is from his fingers. Not one bit. If I played a passage through his setup, it would sound different because of the way I articulate the notes, but the tone would be exactly the same. No difference whatsoever.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
None of his tone is from his fingers. Not one bit. If I played a passage through his setup, it would sound different because of the way I articulate the notes, but the tone would be exactly the same. No difference whatsoever.

Please record clips of you playing through his setup.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Quote by Zen_Zepplin
Please record clips of you playing through his setup.

Sure, lend me a few grand so I can pay for it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
ok im shortening this down, but when Alice in Chains and Van Halen toured together (way back when) Eddie Van Halen asked Jerry Cantrell if he could play through Cantrell's rig. Jerry said it sounded like Eddie way more than Cantrell. found it in the October '04 issue in the "Dear Guitar Hero" section, 2 question.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
ok im shortening this down, but when Alice in Chains and Van Halen toured together (way back when) Eddie Van Halen asked Jerry Cantrell if he could play through Cantrell's rig. Jerry said it sounded like Eddie way more than Cantrell. found it in the October '04 issue in the "Dear Guitar Hero" section, 2 question.

...because different people articulate the notes differently. The tone would have been exactly the same.
yea there is a fine line between the way you play (vibrato especially, starting a note slightly early or late, the way you finish or mute a note, the place/way you pick) and the tone that your equipment adds to that. thats why when you hear play someone else's rig, it still sounds like them, but its not neccessarily 'tone' in and of itself.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Sure, lend me a few grand so I can pay for it.

Right after I get my 36 million dollars from an anonymous Nigerian diplomat who I sent $10,000!!!
My Gear :

Guitar:
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Quote by Archeo Avis
...because different people articulate the notes differently. The tone would have been exactly the same.

I guess I just have a different opinion than you guys. To me, how you articulate notes when you are playing is part of your overall tone. yeah, maybe 2 people that play an open E on identical setups are going to sound the same. However, whether a note is chimey, cutting, soft, muted, popping, etc., are all directly related to how you pick and fret the strings. Dynamics like that are the whole reason tube amps are revered for playing response. Simply picking the strings softer or harder can take you from a clean chimey tone, to a dirty agressive tone in the same phrase. After watching guys like like Scott Henderson, it's easy to see and hear how much his actual playing changes the sound of the notes.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids