Page 1 of 2
ok i got this game for the Xbox 360 and 62 hours in the game...its come down to it..its like crack

the first time i played Xbox 360 my friend came over with this game about a good 2 months or so ago..and it got me to buy an xbox, and my friend..all because of this ONE! game..and i have 2 other games that ive never played more than 5 minutes and after 60 hours..i think im only about 3/4 of the way done with the game....at most

possably one of the best games EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

any other have stories about games that did this to you?

(kinda suck cuz i know i could have been playing guitar...)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
dude, wow you're 3/4 of your way done? That's helllla ****ing far. You must be doing the quests rediculously fast. I always end up running around stealing **** and killing people for a while. It takes me forever to actually do the quests.

I can't really get into video games at all. I get bored after like 30 mins. It's very rare where I'll find a game that i can get addicted to.

****in Animal Crossing. I hate that game. It's so addicting and retarded. I have no idea why.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Burnout Revenge

I have to get all gold like I did in Burnout 3
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, So far I've beat it five times and I just keep beating it again and again never gets old, although currently I am distracted by it cause I rented Star Wars: KOTOR and now I must beat this one to complete the legacy.
I've played about 2 hours on my brother's dodgy PC and i loved it despite not being able to controll to mouse properly.

I'm going to download it form somewhere because i need a good game to fill my time no it's the holidays and i've gave up CSS.
Need.New.Sig.
Whoawhoawhoa.... 62 hours, and 3/4 into the game?

No, I do not think so.

Perhaps with the main mission, but there are sooooo many side missions before you "complete" the game.
I don't think this game can really be "completed" - there's just too many sidequests.

Perhaps after a few hundred hours everything that can be done could be done...

But not 3/4 in 62 hours.

I think I've done about 100 hours... or more... um... I'm not sure, really lol.
I haven't played it in yonks, and I started a new character anyway.

Fucking awesome game though, it's fantastic

Quote by RustyGold
i played that game on my gaming pc. it's great. i had about 80 hours in but i'm never going back! game gives you nightmares
I've had many dreams based around Oblivion

Has anyone else who's played heaps of Oblivion (or similar games) gone thinking about an event that'll happen soon, and you think for example,
"Okay, if I decide to go to class tomorrow and I get fucked over, I'll just re-load and not go to cla - wait a minute..."

I've done that so many times lol. Just thinking "Okay, I'll save before I do this, and if it doesn't turn out well, I'll just load again"

If only life worked like that
I didn't have a signature until now.
Last edited by Scourge at Aug 18, 2006,
the old pokemon game used to be sick, i used to spend hours on it, oh yeah and halo 2 online, that got pretty bad sometimes.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Morrowind used to control my life.

I had 400+ hours on my game.

Oblivion? 119 hours and 42 minutes
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Quote by Scourge
Whoawhoawhoa.... 62 hours, and 3/4 into the game?

No, I do not think so.

Perhaps with the main mission, but there are sooooo many side missions before you "complete" the game.
I don't think this game can really be "completed" - there's just too many sidequests.

Perhaps after a few hundred hours everything that can be done could be done...

But not 3/4 in 62 hours.

I think I've done about 100 hours... or more... um... I'm not sure, really lol.
I haven't played it in yonks, and I started a new character anyway.

Fucking awesome game though, it's fantastic

I've had many dreams based around Oblivion

Has anyone else who's played heaps of Oblivion (or similar games) gone thinking about an event that'll happen soon, and you think for example,
"Okay, if I decide to go to class tomorrow and I get fucked over, I'll just re-load and not go to cla - wait a minute..."

I've done that so many times lol. Just thinking "Okay, I'll save before I do this, and if it doesn't turn out well, I'll just load again"

If only life worked like that

My brother did that with his real car... thinking about need for speed. he thought he could restart the drive to cornwall and not get ****ed by that van.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
I've avoided Oblivion's pitfall, but its predecessor Morrowind took more than 200 hours of my life.

At one point, i was so engulfed by it that i started getting thoughts of upgrading stats in real life. Like, i went downstairs to get some coffee to replenish my fatigue, and halfway down the stairs it occurred to me that i could walk up and down a few extra times to boost my acrobatics skill.
That **** ain't healthy,

That's fine if you're an unemployed hermit like i was at the time, but things have changed a bit and i can't afford to do things like Oblivion or heroin anymore.
Quote by LKW
I've avoided Oblivion's pitfall, but its predecessor Morrowind took more than 200 hours of my life.

At one point, i was so engulfed by it that i started getting thoughts of upgrading stats in real life. Like, i went downstairs to get some coffee to replenish my fatigue, and halfway down the stairs it occurred to me that i could walk up and down a few extra times to boost my acrobatics skill.
That **** ain't healthy,

That's fine if you're an unemployed hermit like i was at the time, but things have changed a bit and i can't afford to do things like Oblivion or heroin anymore.
I feel for you, man...

I did that a lot with running and such... and watching people swim, and wondering what level their athletic skill was...

It's kinda sad...
Quote by Scourge
I feel for you, man...

I did that a lot with running and such... and watching people swim, and wondering what level their athletic skill was...

It's kinda sad...

On the plus side, it's as close as the average video game geek will ever come to working out.
Quote by LKW
On the plus side, it's as close as the average video game geek will ever come to working out.
That's true!

Heheh... awesome.

But then you'll have some dude who jumps around heaps, jumping all over the place... thinking he has awesome acrobatics and decides to get into a fight with someone, to beat them with agility and dexterity.

Oops!
haha yea that game is really fun, havent played it in a while actually htough and umm im pretty sure you cant complete the whole game just the main quest
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
....two words....Dynasty Warriors, either 3 or 5.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Any good RPG's (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Golden Sun, etc) will make me obsessed with Video Games.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by DanteR*
I created a new battle.net account on Diablo 2, i've been hooked on that lately.

Yea man that game is addicting, but since my cd key got banned go figure, i really dont play that much anymore because blizzard is a bunch of tech losers.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
One day I rented an Xbox 360 and Oblivion. And then a 3 day chunk of my life dissapeared. Sadly my computer can't run the game .

Anyways, this really weird thing happened to me in game. There's this guy (his name start's with an E) that you have to rescue for the mage's guild. I got to him where he was stuck, surrounded by the undead, and accidently tried to pickpocket him. BAM! Mage's guild membership gone. So now the quest couldn't be completed. So I ended up basically with another character fighting beside for the whole game. Came in handy. Except I couldn't sneak because technically there would always be someone spotting me when I tried. Annoying.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
^ i got banned from the mages guild..and i found all th damn flowers...took for ever

but i wanted the Arcane Uni. so yeah.,..you can buy the flowers at places...

i dont im 3/4 of the way through the entire game at all..but the main quest..with mostly guilld/side missions under my belt...

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i want to play it, but my PC sucks and i dont have a 360

meh, Guild wars will suffice
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
WHOA dude you guys make me want to get this game.... But Schools starting soon... PERRRFECT ;D seriously it takes that long wow haha
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by Ka$h
WHOA dude you guys make me want to get this game.... But Schools starting soon... PERRRFECT ;D seriously it takes that long wow haha

lol dude,

im seriouse this thing is crack....you'll soon claim ever ring you see "the Balck Band" and it raises your sneak ect.

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
So yeah, i was walking along trying to get my athletic skill up so i could become a joureymen, when all of a sudden, a minotaur, unicorn, and a scamp come out of no where.

So i use my quick reflexes and hotkeyed my way to Umbra, which also has the ability to capture souls. I use a power attack on the minotaur and then it hits me. My daedric armor breaks. Thinking quickly, i take out my repair hammer and repaired the armor. +2 in Armorer! Yes! So after the minotaur died, i tried to capture its soul, but there was no soul gem big enough. I decided to empty Azura's Star so i could capture the soul and use it to recharge my magical energy.

The unicorn attacks me so i take my elven arrows and and use The Bow of The Blaze. I also equipped my shrouded armor so i could buff my marksmen skill. The result is a barbequed unicorn. I took care of the whelp easily with my fists, and then my hand-to hand went up.

Phew. The battle was bloody, and over. So i keep running along, and then my athletics went up. Yay!!! Im a journeymen now! I can finally recharge my fatigue at a 50% rate while running! I keep running and end up falling off a cliff without saving....
Quote by numbfinger
lol dude,

im seriouse this thing is crack....you'll soon claim ever ring you see "the Balck Band" and it raises your sneak ect.

alright i have been lookin for a good RPG lately ill try and pick it up if i see a decent price i jus got the new ff7:dirge of cerberus pretty cool game but it was short

if its crack im def gunna try it out for 60 BUX lol
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by numbfinger
ok i got this game for the Xbox 360 and 62 hours in the game...its come down to it..its like crack

the first time i played Xbox 360 my friend came over with this game about a good 2 months or so ago..and it got me to buy an xbox, and my friend..all because of this ONE! game..and i have 2 other games that ive never played more than 5 minutes and after 60 hours..i think im only about 3/4 of the way done with the game....at most

possably one of the best games EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

any other have stories about games that did this to you?

(kinda suck cuz i know i could have been playing guitar...)

i beat the whole game (main story line) and the dark brother hood and mages guild in 31 hours. i love this game, but my friend one time put it really funny to one of our friends who was curious about the obsession he said something liek this

listen..people who play elder scrolls oblivion dont WANT to play it. they cant HELP but play it.
Quote by The Spoon
So yeah, i was walking along trying to get my athletic skill up so i could become a joureymen, when all of a sudden, a minotaur, unicorn, and a scamp come out of no where.

So i use my quick reflexes and hotkeyed my way to Umbra, which also has the ability to capture souls. I use a power attack on the minotaur and then it hits me. My daedric armor breaks. Thinking quickly, i take out my repair hammer and repaired the armor. +2 in Armorer! Yes! So after the minotaur died, i tried to capture its soul, but there was no soul gem big enough. I decided to empty Azura's Star so i could capture the soul and use it to recharge my magical energy.

The unicorn attacks me so i take my elven arrows and and use The Bow of The Blaze. I also equipped my shrouded armor so i could buff my marksmen skill. The result is a barbequed unicorn. I took care of the whelp easily with my fists, and then my hand-to hand went up.

Phew. The battle was bloody, and over. So i keep running along, and then my athletics went up. Yay!!! Im a journeymen now! I can finally recharge my fatigue at a 50% rate while running! I keep running and end up falling off a cliff without saving....

im sorry but there is one flaw in your story..you cant repair with enemies near..lol

but that still sums it all up...lol

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
here are a list of games that have devoured countless hours of my life, by console.
Sega Genesis:
Shadowrun (one of the best video games of all time)
all four original Sonic games (5 if you count the sonic and knuckles lock on thing)
N64:
Legend of Zelda: Occarina of Time
Goldeneye
both Turok games
Dreamcast:
both Shenmue games
Dead or Alive 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
X-Box:
Both Star wars KOTOR games
Spiderman II
Both Star Wars Batllefront games
Both Max Payne Games,
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
so..i became a vampire...bad idea...

how do i get some empty grand soul gems quick?

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Oblivion is immense, ive completed it now so i send crowds into killing frenzys, joy how i love having full magic skills.

Edit.. anyone been to dive rock?
Splinter Cell ftw
Quote by deanodon
break into his house, wait till he falls asleep, teabag him, take picture, post on UG, get banned
I'm kind of divided on Oblivion. The story's good and some of the quests are fun... the last few quests in the thieves guild for example, are brilliant.

But why does my guy's level affect the entire weapons and armor economy? It makes no sense that every thug is suddenly wearing a fortune worth of equipment just because i've been working out. Besides, i want RARE weapons and armor... not the same stuff every hoodlum is wearing.
At first they all wear crappy leather and rusty iron and you can't find glass or daedric stuff anywhere. Then you level up and bit and now every broke ass bush robber has a $20,000 Daedric warhammer and a full set of glass armor. But they still live in a tent. Get the **** out of here... it's ridiculously unrealistic and it makes leveling up feel like a waste of time. What's the fun of obtaining rare items if they're not rare anymore a few levels later?

But i will get Shivering Isles, which is due in a week or two. It has more of the alien feel that i liked so much in Morrowind, the whole game takes place in the realm of the god of madness. The trailer looks really promising, it looks like they've made a very beautiful and creative environment that's totally different from Oblivion's forests and meadows.
I'd get a 360 just so I could play Dead Rising.
If there's a better reason than being able to chop up zombies with a lawnmower while wearing a dress and a troll mask, let me know.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
It's a simple fact, RPGs suck in your soul and refuse to let go for hundreds of hours. Someone I know clocked up a total of just over 3000(!) hours playing World of Warcraft. He got something good out of all that wasted life though, he sold his WoW account on eBay for over £100.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by Metal Disciple
I'd get a 360 just so I could play Dead Rising.
If there's a better reason than being able to chop up zombies with a lawnmower while wearing a dress and a troll mask, let me know.

i didn't really like that game much it was only fun for like 30 minutes and then its just the same game over andover again..... but if you like it get all the power to you

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Page 1 of 2