anyone know where i can buy a black rg570? i cant find one for sale anywhere
well 570's are discontinued and only available on eBay. 1570's are available all over the net.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Well, its not ONLY on eBay. Pawnshops are everywhere, try lookin them there, but its kinda hard to get a black one. If you really want it then you'd have to get a different color and repaint them.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
RG570 has the Super Wizard neck while the RG1570 have the Wizard Prestige neck. And cosmetics.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
If you're left handed, the 570 only came in black. So, you'd be guaranteed to get one. (If you can find one. I've been looking across the country for the past 6 months!)I see black right handed 570's on Ebay all the time.
RG570s are great guitars. You can sometimes find them pretty cheap. And they have the thinnest neck that Ibanez ever made (thinner than the RG1570's Wizard Prestige).
well if he's looking for it on the internet, ebay is the best solution. also the 570 have an original Edge trem and the 1570 have a Lo Pro Edge or Edge Pro. i dunno which one.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Did anyone hear the rumor that Ibanez was re-issuing the 550 (or 570, not sure) for a limited time? I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.
^ no i think that its a lower RG series that just looks like a 550.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
^ no i think that its a lower RG series that just looks like a 550.

I'm aware of the current RGs, I'm talking in the future.
If they reissue 5x0, would it be Korean with an EPII? Because man, that's a hit on the series reputation.

Principal differences between 1570 and 570:

volute on the neck & top-mounted locking nut versus one-piece neck and drilled-thru locking nut mount - 1570 wins for with stronger neck, better weight balance, more sustain

wizard prestige (18mm) versus wizard neck (17mm) - preference, but either one's great

edge pro (no locking studs) versus egde/lo-pro (locking studs) - EP with a lockstud upgrade wins over E/LPE in my book

direct mounted pickups versus pickup rings - directs look cleaner, rings are easier to adjust

Finishes: that's why everyone and their cousin buys a used 570
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^ nawh man, Ibanez is smarter than that, they'll use the Edge III
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i think there was a black rg570 on musicgoround.com for $279.99
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
yeah, the RG570 is definitely a fun guitar. I own a 1570 too, and it's really a toss up between them IMO. The original Edge in the 570 is over 20 years old, and the knife edges have barely any wear, they are built like tanks. Also, because they are so cheap used, you can get it re-finished if you want, and end up with essentially a new guitar. I got my 570 dirt cheap used and beatup, and had it re-finished by a friend. Flame maple top, LP binding, and burst paint. I added all new electronics, and BK MM pups. It basically looks like a new guitar now, and plays and sounds kickass. Without the pups, it cost me under $400 for everything, including the refinish and a re-fret. The BK's added a lot to the cost of course, but they absolutely kick ass, so they were well worth it.

I actually just used it the other night recording a solo I'm trying to write. The tone is still passable, even considering I used a GNX4 to record it, where it normally sounds pretty crappy with my other guitars. The BK's help a lot. It's on my Dmusic site , 4th song down, "Pillage solo rough draft 2".
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
You friend did a really good job on those paintjobs and binding, nice zeBRAs btw

Somehow the headstock reminds me of the RGT320Q
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Erock503

Its a beauty!
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
erock that should be one of ibanez's production models. i heart your guitar. i assume you administer excellent music while wielding your axe.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
erock that should be one of ibanez's production models. i heart your guitar. i assume you administer excellent music while wielding your axe.

thanks man, I really love it too. It's easily one of my best playing guitars. It's actually the second guitar I've had him do for me. I had another cherry red RG570 he did for me last year. It turned out great, but I ended up selling it to a good friend of mine that fell in love with it. As far as administering music, I don't know about excellent, but I have a great time with it. I put a link in my first post to a clip I'm working on right now, and it actually doesn't sound too bad considering it was using the RG570 with a GNX4 multifx. It's my first attempt at actually writing a solo rather than just wanking around, and it's not done yet, so it's not great or anything. However, the tone is passable considering it's recorded on a GNX4. The BK pups can make just about anything sound passable though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

thanks man, I really love it too. It's easily one of my best playing guitars. It's actually the second guitar I've had him do for me. I had another cherry red RG570 he did for me last year. It turned out great, but I ended up selling it to a good friend of mine that fell in love with it. As far as administering music, I don't know about excellent, but I have a great time with it. I put a link in my first post to a clip I'm working on right now, and it actually doesn't sound too bad considering it was using the RG570 with a GNX4 multifx. It's my first attempt at actually writing a solo rather than just wanking around, and it's not done yet, so it's not great or anything. However, the tone is passable considering it's recorded on a GNX4. The BK pups can make just about anything sound passable though.

I remeber that thread.

Beautiful guitars.

One day I hope to get a yellow RG550 .
Quote by tombo32
I remeber that thread.

Beautiful guitars.

One day I hope to get a yellow RG550 .

thanks man. yeah, that red RG was a really nice guitar too. However, it was a really good friend, and he was the one that got me back into playing guitar, so I felt like I owed him. Plus, I know he will never get rid of it, it's his pride and joy.

I actually saw a yellow one not too long ago on eBay I think. It looked really good in yellow with black hardware, it was a sharp looking axe. I expect pics when you get it.
amp clips
amp vids