I have heard some of that band Nile recently.

And OH MY GOD! THEY ARE SOOOOOO BAD!

I'm not the biggest metal fan, but find some of it palatable, but seriously, what is there to like about this band? Is it just the kind of band you like to be"anti mainstream" or whatever? People say they are amazing lyricists but you can even make a word out that they're saying. And those ridiculous looking guitars are downtuned way too low.

I just don't see the appeal of a band who sound this bad.

Can a fan or someone explain to me how they got into them, why they like them etc...

Thanks.
maybe becasue i like agressive, intelligent and technical music that has balls?
the music makes you want to get up and move around...as logboy said, its agressive, technical and has plenty of balls....plus, egyptian mythology and idology kicks ass
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
First off, no its not " just the kind of band you like to be"anti mainstream" ". You're an idiot if you believe death style vocals and down tuned guitars only appeal to this kind of person.

although not a great fan of Niles, i saw them live in sydney last year and honestly enjoyed the gig. Never really got into them though. Death vocals are not impossible to understand, but can take some getting used too.

The reason why some people say they are amazing lyricists is that they are based on egytian themes and that, Karl Sanders - their vocalist i think - is really into it.

so yeah fans of Nile generally like it for the technical death sound and the lyrical contents of the songs. that answer your question?
Is that why they sing so deep, cos of those big balls and all that testosterone.

It's hard to make out how technical it is when it's a big old fudgey sound they put out.

You can have aggressive music that isn't rubbish. e.g. SOAD, RATM.

Not being rude, but how is it intelligent music? In what way?
They sing low (Growling) so it fits the music, a falsetto hardly sounds right when in brutal music.
Quote by greggybhoy
Is that why they sing so deep, cos of those big balls and all that testosterone.

Yes It is.

Quote by greggybhoy
It's hard to make out how technical it is when it's a big old fudgey sound they put out.

Dude, even if ya dont like the sound they produce they are great at their insturments and thats what technical deaths about. instrumental skill through death metal.

Quote by greggybhoy
You can have aggressive music that isn't rubbish. e.g. SOAD, RATM.

If ya think 'system of a down' and 'rage against the machine' are technical and not rubbish then ya shouldn't be listening to nile in the first place

Quote by greggybhoy
Not being rude, but how is it intelligent music? In what way?

Because of the great musicianship and interesting lyrical focus on egypt.
We like it .. Why you may ask ... Because.....

And the statement of yours is simply idiotic.
Nevermore use a very low tuning , but their melodies and songs kick ass. So do nile. Now , please accept my preposition and go fuck yourself.
And if you dont like a band , dont ask ppl why they like it . And dont trash it cause it is a good way to end up at the ER .
You have the right to NOT like a band or a genre but you dont have the right to critisize and bash this genre or band cause it is what some people like and they do not tolerate that kind of behaviour .
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Aug 18, 2006,
Just because you think they are bad they actually are?

Well, this is all clearly just your opinion. And thats not suprising, seeing as most people who hear brutal death metal for the first time just dismiss it as rubbish.

Quote by greggybhoy
I'm not the biggest metal fan

There, you answered your own question.
Most extreme types of metal just takes time to enjoy and respect it.

Oh and its not that hard to look up their lyrics on google you know....
roar
Quote by greggybhoy
I have heard some of that band Nile recently.

And OH MY GOD! THEY ARE SOOOOOO BAD!

I'm not the biggest metal fan, but find some of it palatable, but seriously, what is there to like about this band? Is it just the kind of band you like to be"anti mainstream" or whatever? People say they are amazing lyricists but you can even make a word out that they're saying. And those ridiculous looking guitars are downtuned way too low.

I just don't see the appeal of a band who sound this bad.

Can a fan or someone explain to me how they got into them, why they like them etc...

Thanks.

No one cares

If you don't see the appeal, don't listen.

I don't see the appeal of SOAD, but I dont say they're "bad" (even though I quite easily could haha)

Bye Bye