I'm trying to decide whether I should get a guitar in the FG series (720, 730, or 750) or one the LL series(LL6). What do you guys recommend? Price really isn't a factor for me. The only thing is I can't find an FG model anywhere near my place and may have to ship it from abroad or buy online.Otherwise I'll have to wait for the Yamaha branch to ship it here by about November, and I don't think I can wait that long.
Manila, Philippines. Apparently, Yamaha's main branch still has to order FG models from abroad.
Quote by fsb_ben
i own the FG750s and i LOVE it.

You think it's better than, say, an LL6? Oh, and d'you know where I can buy an FG 750 online?
So what brands & models are readily available to you? Yamaha's are decent guitars, but IMO there are several other brands just as good in the price range.
Quote by EL Conquestidor
So what brands & models are readily available to you? Yamaha's are decent guitars, but IMO there are several other brands just as good in the price range.

Well, I've seen a couple of Washburn and Ovation guitars...

I've been reading reviews and a lot say that the FG series is pretty sweet.
Yes, but my point is this. Guitars are instruments made of wood which has grains in which no two are alike. And they made by people who can turn out lemons as well as very high quality pieces. You take take 2 same make/model guitars and often (even usually) play them side by side and note tone and playability differences. And people have different idea's about what they want from a guitar.
Great reviews are good. But how can you be sure the guitar you get my mail will be exactly what you you're looking for?
My point is that IMO it's always preferable to buy a guitar you examined and played before purchase. Then you KNOW you're getting what you want. Washburn guitars have a good rep also and the D-100 is reportedly the best selling guitar in the world.
I'm not saying they're better than a Yamaha. But a good Washburn might be better than a lemon Yamaha.
See, I'm kind of set on a Yamaha. I've tried the Washburns, and I don't really like how they sound. I'm trying to decide between an LL6(which is available at my nearest store) and an FG750s(which I have to place an order for, and might take months to get here). What I want to know is, what a better guitar? Is the FG750s really worth waiting for? I know that you have to try a guitar yourself, and that it really is one's taste which should be the deciding factor, but what would you guys pick if you had the choice? Also, is a pickup really necessary if you want to perform acoustic gigs, or do people still use mikes for their guitars nowadays?
Quote by crimson_
See, I'm kind of set on a Yamaha. I've tried the Washburns, and I don't really like how they sound. I'm trying to decide between an LL6(which is available at my nearest store) and an FG750s(which I have to place an order for, and might take months to get here). What I want to know is, what a better guitar? Is the FG750s really worth waiting for? I know that you have to try a guitar yourself, and that it really is one's taste which should be the deciding factor, but what would you guys pick if you had the choice? Also, is a pickup really necessary if you want to perform acoustic gigs, or do people still use mikes for their guitars nowadays?

Ive tried many Washburns around the $3-500 range and i havent found one that i like as much as my FG750s. Pickups arent necessary for acoustic gigs... TONS of ppl still mic their acoustics, just better than spending than doubling the price of a guitar for cutaway and stock electronics